Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bigbartguy

natural gas garage heater installation

5 posts in this topic

hi folks

I'm thinking of installing a nat gas garage heater. I'm wondering if it's acceptable to use the flexible copper tubing out to the garage?

they used this same copper tubing to my fireplace, dryer and also the line marked 'main' which looks to be my main line coming into the home. The pipe to the main furnace is the black iron pipe. Just wondering if outside(garage) installations require the black pipe or can I use copper? It would run directly from the basement into the garage, along the garage wall to the corner.

thanks!

ps-I've ran tubing before, for fireplace - just not sure if this would require something else?

As long as it's supported and not run in a place likely to get damaged, you should be OK. Need to size it correctly, if it's a long run, you may be better off running a 2# system to the garage and then a regulator at the unit heater. Call your inspector and ask.

PS. I'm a plumbing/HVAC inspector in the metro area, but not where you live.

thanks Jeff - I appreciate the input

looks like I have a project this weekend! want to get it in before the weather turns cold

I think you need to get Blue copper for gas not red.

Good point. Type K or L tubing is accepted by the State code. Not M