Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
SS 9 IRON

16HRS...2 FISH!

SS 9 IRON

Alright here's the scoop. I've been trolling Catfish Bar, trollong the kinni, trolling Prescott, throwing jigs, drifting with lindy's, varying my speed on the troll, lead core line, three way rigging with # 9 shad raps! I'm exhausted just thinking how much "work" I've put into this deal... Rapala's don't come cheap and I always loose at least 2 an outing. I've lost 4 fish which given the presentation I was using I'll assume eyes. I've been talking to other anglers a few who have some extensive experience on the river and the general consensus is that the water temps are still too high. Still..I just can't believe how inactive these fish are and the narrow window of opportunity( seems to be pre-dawn to around 10am). I know there's somebody catching some fish and I would love to hear from you. What in the world are "red tails" I know there a minnow of course but what is so special about them? Bigger, Livelier? Durable? Probably all of the above. Are they the hot ticket and if so where can I get some. Any how, me, pappy and his brother and son are going out this weekend. I'll be limited in my approach, will have to stick to lindy fishing and or jigging. I hope something changes between now and Saturday. WEll, still love being on the water and I'm greatful for the opportunity to be able to spend so much time fishing.

Walli1

I'll be on the river early again tomorrow morning. Last weekend got 4 but they were one after another and it was over, short bite. Don't get discouraged pretty soon fishing well be unreal keep the faith. I fish with redtails and minnow wise there the best bait I feel a person can use, there a very tuff minnow and there really active, you also can feel them on the end of the line chugging, the size I like are 4 to 6 inches, more to the bigger size I guess!

If the run and gun tecniques arent working(trolling), try slowing down your presentations. This is especially true when the boat traffic is heavy, or bright days. A vertical jig slowly bounced off deep structures is hard to beat.. but can be very tedious at the same time. The deeper fish dont seem to go dormant with all the traffic on the river, but that doesnt mean they are willing to chase down a bait either.

If what your doing isnt working.. keep changing. Eventually its going to pay off and the fish will tell you what to do.

Walli1

Got back form the river a little bit ago, fishing for me was pretty good I came up one short of my limit, went though 2+ dozen redtails, threw back two eyes the five I kept were saugers 14 1/4 was the smallest 17 1/2 was the biggest, caught a couple nice smallies which I released, there was nice chop out there today makes it interesting. Got a trip planned for the early morning grin.gif

Cbreeze

Quote:

Alright here's the scoop. I've been trolling Catfish Bar, trollong the kinni, trolling Prescott, throwing jigs, drifting with lindy's, varying my speed on the troll, lead core line, three way rigging with # 9 shad raps! I'm exhausted just thinking how much "work" I've put into this deal... Rapala's don't come cheap and I always loose at least 2 an outing. I've lost 4 fish which given the presentation I was using I'll assume eyes. I've been talking to other anglers a few who have some extensive experience on the river and the general consensus is that the water temps are still too high. Still..I just can't believe how inactive these fish are and the narrow window of opportunity( seems to be pre-dawn to around 10am). I know there's somebody catching some fish and I would love to hear from you. What in the world are "red tails" I know there a minnow of course but what is so special about them? Bigger, Livelier? Durable? Probably all of the above. Are they the hot ticket and if so where can I get some. Any how, me, pappy and his brother and son are going out this weekend. I'll be limited in my approach, will have to stick to lindy fishing and or jigging. I hope something changes between now and Saturday. WEll, still love being on the water and I'm greatful for the opportunity to be able to spend so much time fishing.

Hey 9'er,

Hang in there! COLD weather is just around the corner and the best fishing of the season as well! Walli1 is right, so just keep watching the posts, get some chartruese, black, and pearl colored ringworms and grub plastics, and hang on to your jiggin' pole! Slow down the presentation and have a lot of fun!

Tuna

Walli1

Hit the river early, caught only two eyes but they were both releasers 23 and 26 1/2, got a couple smallies and a sheep, slow day!