Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eckie

For all you computer wizards...

11 posts in this topic

Here's my problem..

I recently replaced my home computer tower that died with a used one I got from a buddy...all is up and running, and I can browse various sites, etc. The issue is when I go to Google for example, and try and click the arrow in the search engine space, the blinking cursor won't pop in there, allowing me to type what I want to search for...same thing happens in other sites, such as FM or Ebay. I am able to type "Ebay" into my browser, but I'm not able to type anything inside the site I've arrived at. I figure it's got to be within my settings somewhere, but I can't figure it out and I'm running out of curse words to yell at it confused.gifmad.gif

Any ideas?

Thanks Guys.

PC or Mac?

PC..Pentium III, I think.

What are you using for a browser and what version are you using? If you're using internet explorer throw it away and install Mozilla Firefox. Go to www dot getfirefox (Contact Us Please) to get it for free.

LG

This tower is using windows 98...and yes, I was using I-Explorer. Are you saying that the problem is Internet Explorer? I'm not opposed to uploading Firefox, as I've used it before, but I'm wondering if that will resolove the issue? And just for my own curiosity, if it does the trick....why? What's the problem with Explorer?

Thanks..

Do you know what version of ie you're currently using?

Windows 98, if that's what you're asking me. If not, sorry I'm not understanding the question better.

You may need a more current version of IE.

IFRon-

In your opinion, what's the best/most efficient way to do this? Can it be uploaded online, or do I need to buy the software?

go to www dot windowsupdate (Contact Us Please)

This will install all windows 98 updates as well as internet explorer updates.

open internet exployer

on the top menu go to TOOLS

windows update is on that menu bar

I would recomend doing the update just go through and follow the intructions

hope this helps