Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Snake River  King

40 inch northern pike snake river

9 posts in this topic

Hello this is my first post on this website!! I just wanted to say Im getting my 40 inch 18 pound northern back from the taxadirmy, I caught it last spring!!

Congrats!!

Nothing like a trophy on the wall! cool.gif

If it is possible, please post a picture.

Great catch, when and how did you catch it? I won't ask where laugh.gif. I love fishibg that river hoping to get up this weekend.

I caught it 2 weeks after operer and I use a big sucker minnow!

I'm buying a summer place near Grasston soon and I was just wondering how the fishing is between Grasston and Pokegama? Not asking for specific spots just an overview of the general area especially downstream from the carry in canoe launch. What about Pokegama to Cross would I be better off fishing that stretch? Congrats on your awesome catch by the way!

nice pike king

Im sure if you had it taxiderm, you should at least have one picture of it as proof?

I would but I don't know how to put pictures on this website but if some can tell how I will post some smile.gif

Hey Congrats on the nice fish! It sounds exactly like the one I put on the wall 3 years ago! Caught in June (spawned out). 40 inches, 18 pounds.

Email me a picture and I'd be happy to post it for you.

Here is a pic of my mount...

IMG_0423.jpg

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• curt quesnell
      Getting these big fish back in the water as soon as possible is important in summer heat.    
    • MinDak Hunter
      Thanks guys! JB-how do you get the Mepps down deep?
    • rundrave
      I know its not attached to you. But the issue is with it being attached to the dog and if its running full speed and it gets caught on something. The injuries can occur when its a sudden stop and the collar around the neck is pulled hard from the weight of the dog.   Sounds like to you need to get back to the basics with the check cord and get back to sit, stay and come. You can work her with the check cord in a hallway at home with the doors closed, then move to a larger  grassy area etc. Keep the sessions short and praise, praise and praise some more when she comes back when called.   You never want to give a command you cant enforce and that's where the check cord comes in handy. We have all been there before. But if your not confident with her in the water next to a road you need to go back and revisit those commands and how to enforce them until she is ready. its just not worth risking injury.   You have to make the retrieving fun and if she doesn't bring it back your done for that session, and then she doesn't get to retrieve. Let her see you put the dummy away and then start another session at a later time. Praise, praise and praise when she does it correctly.   Dogs will pick up on your body language frustrations etc.  Just takes lots of reps and keep them short and be positive and she will get there.
    • TNtoMN_HuntFish
      I actually don't have that long leash attatched to me. Its 100' I believe and the only reason I leave it on her is because Round Lake is right by a busy road so if she wants to bolt after a rabbit or something I can quickly grab that leash. Also sometimes she'll grab the dummy and want to swim around with it so I give a few tugs to let her know her job is to bring it to me, not swim in circles. It's just a safety measure because she isn't quite ready for fully off leash training just yet. I almost never actually need to grab it.    Thanks for the advice though, the last thing I'd ever want to do is hurt a dog, especially mine. I never throw the dummy past where it's safe to walk so if she did get it wrapped in cattails or something and got stuck I'd quickly get her. 
    • Buzzbait Brad Ohio
      Thanks for having me Minnesota. I wasn't able to float the Ottertail river but I did fish the lake every morning. Most fish the first 3 days came on top water whopper plopper. The last day, the water temperature heated up to almost 80 so I changed it up a little bit and fished deep water 10-20 feet and caught fish deep. Here's some of the better fish from this week. The fishing up here is great. Can't wait to make it back. 
    • ZachD
      Nice job I will be out on Sat in the boat
    • hitthebricks
      Sounds like my problem, Thanks  
    • JBMasterAngler
      Small minnow raps, #2 mepps spinners, small spoons. Don't need anything else.
    • curt quesnell
      What a great day jigging out in the mud. Little or no wind all day and it was pretty warm but fish were active, biting and large. A big change came yesterday on my close by spots that threw me for a loop but the fish a few miles away seem unphased. I will say it again a great day!
    • monstermoose78
      Thanks for the advice Dave  I dont let Finn fetch on check cord any more. I only used it when he was a pup