• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fingers to a release......

Shawnny B

I am not going to be hunting this year but plan on practing here again pretty soon, but am debating on going from the finger tab to a release. Does anyone have any suggestions? there seam to be sooo many out there, I see the ones that strap on your wrist, you can hold them in your hand ....Ugg.....

SHawnny B

I have one that you has a buckle that goes around your wrist. I like it because you can always go in the same hole so you know it is consistent every time you put it on. It's made by TRU BALL but I can't remember the model number of it. I've only shot the ones that go around your wrist but I personally think they are better because you don't have to hold it in your hand at full draw, the pull is around your wrist and your hand/wrist doesn't get fatigued.

Shawny- grab your bow and get down to Gander in Forest lake.. and just try as many different releases as you can. You may find one you like!!! I know I have!

I totally agree with Dietz. Just go to a shop and try as many as you can. You will find one that it comfortable and fits your needs. There are so many in different price ranges and styles. Some are very adjustable and this can be important depending on how you like to shoot.

Try to go in the morning on weekends or early afternoon during the week. This is when I find the stores and archery shops less crowded. You can get more one-on-one attention from a salesman.

i will add; if yo have been shooting with fingers for a long time, think seriously about getting one with a strap. i had two guys make the switch to a release that you hold in your hand.they would come to full draw , and instinct would take over! yep! the would let go of the release ! for three weeks straight i had to take the wheels off and file down the chips and burrs so it wouldn't cut the string. grin.gif then they bought some with wrist straps. they love them.

I think i have a true-flite release which allows me to hold the trigger on the release and then let go to shoot, this has helped me out alot since i have made the switch from fingers to a release this year also.