Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shawnny B

Fingers to a release......

6 posts in this topic

I am not going to be hunting this year but plan on practing here again pretty soon, but am debating on going from the finger tab to a release. Does anyone have any suggestions? there seam to be sooo many out there, I see the ones that strap on your wrist, you can hold them in your hand ....Ugg.....

SHawnny B

I have one that you has a buckle that goes around your wrist. I like it because you can always go in the same hole so you know it is consistent every time you put it on. It's made by TRU BALL but I can't remember the model number of it. I've only shot the ones that go around your wrist but I personally think they are better because you don't have to hold it in your hand at full draw, the pull is around your wrist and your hand/wrist doesn't get fatigued.

Shawny- grab your bow and get down to Gander in Forest lake.. and just try as many different releases as you can. You may find one you like!!! I know I have!

I totally agree with Dietz. Just go to a shop and try as many as you can. You will find one that it comfortable and fits your needs. There are so many in different price ranges and styles. Some are very adjustable and this can be important depending on how you like to shoot.

Try to go in the morning on weekends or early afternoon during the week. This is when I find the stores and archery shops less crowded. You can get more one-on-one attention from a salesman.

i will add; if yo have been shooting with fingers for a long time, think seriously about getting one with a strap. i had two guys make the switch to a release that you hold in your hand.they would come to full draw , and instinct would take over! yep! the would let go of the release ! for three weeks straight i had to take the wheels off and file down the chips and burrs so it wouldn't cut the string. grin.gif then they bought some with wrist straps. they love them.

I think i have a true-flite release which allows me to hold the trigger on the release and then let go to shoot, this has helped me out alot since i have made the switch from fingers to a release this year also.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• BartmanMN

Posted

Where are all the Duck reports from the almighty Pelican? 

Did all this rain fill the lake back up?  I haven't driven by at all. 

I bet the crappies and gills are growing nicely.   Soon enough.

• Yep it is the 3 S's - I just don't think a lot of people are going to be grouse hunting with a shovel - but not a bad idea.

• BringAnExtension

Posted

Thank you gentlemen.  I knew I'd get a quick answer!

• NorthwoodKing

Posted

St. Croix Avid 6’6” Med - spinning $75

St. Croix Premier 6’ Med – spinning $75

St. Croix Premier 7’ Med – spinning $75

St. Croix Premier 6’ Med lite Fast – spinning $75

St. Croix Premier glass/graphite Moderate – trolling $75

Fenwick Eagle 6’6” Med Fast – spinning $75

Pflueger President Spinning reel  #6730 $60

Pflueger President Spinning reel  #6730 $60

Pflueger President Spinning reel  #6925 $70

Daiwa Sealine SG17LC3B $75

• leech~~

Posted

17 hours ago, phillyfacks said:

We've got a cabin up on Pelican and I've definitely noticed less cormorants on the lake this summer.  The state did grant the owner of Gooseberry Island a permit to kill cormorants, which was done this Spring.  I talked to a DNR officer on the lake this summer and he said they had shot almost 400 birds, I don't recall the exact numbers but it was somewhere between 350-400. 

Thanks for the Update, I think that I did see less birds out on Edwards as well later this summer. Hopefully they shoot 400 more next spring! :)

• NorthwoodKing

Posted

Abu Garcia Revo Toro 60 5.4:1 $175

Shimano Calcutta 400TE $250

Shimano Curado 300EJ $200

Shimano Tekota 500LC $150

Daiwa Lexa 300 HS-P $200

St. Croix Mojo Musky 8’ Med-Heavy Split grip $100

St.Croix Premier  8’6” Heavy $125

St.Croix Premier  8’ Heavy - glass/graphite $125

Thorne Bros. C Series Custom 8’6” Heavy $175

Fenwick Elite Tech 7”6” Heavy - jerkbait/twitchbait $125

• NorthwoodKing

Posted

2011 Alumacraft 165 CS Classic w/2011 70 h.p. Yamaha, 2011 Shorelander trailer for sale. Humminbird 859ci HD Sonar/GPS, Minnkota 55 lb. Power Drive V2, Jensen AM/FM Cassette player. Low hours, pristine condition $14,000

00q0q_lTDJEMgVXZS_600x450.jpg

00w0w_bROm6jzb6Er_600x450.jpg

00y0y_hMo6LDkWIvS_600x450.jpg

01515_kQV2JIXWJ3y_600x450.jpg

• Dinner

1 person likes this
    • 13 hours ago, Big Kype said:

Northern Minnesotans are strong supports of the SS rule. Shoot and shut up.

I thought it waqs 3 s         shoot shovel and shut up  :shhhh:

• eyeguy 54

Posted

probably eagles if fishing. I think the fultures like highways. :):) 

• BartmanMN
      Where are all the Duck reports from the almighty Pelican?  Did all this rain fill the lake back up?  I haven't driven by at all.  I bet the crappies and gills are growing nicely.   Soon enough.
    • Big Kype
      Yep it is the 3 S's - I just don't think a lot of people are going to be grouse hunting with a shovel - but not a bad idea.
    • BringAnExtension
      Thank you gentlemen.  I knew I'd get a quick answer!
    • NorthwoodKing
      St. Croix Avid 6’6” Med - spinning $75 St. Croix Premier 6’ Med – spinning $75 St. Croix Premier 7’ Med – spinning $75 St. Croix Premier 6’ Med lite Fast – spinning $75 St. Croix Premier glass/graphite Moderate – trolling $75 Fenwick Eagle 6’6” Med Fast – spinning $75   Pflueger President Spinning reel  #6730 $60 Pflueger President Spinning reel  #6730 $60 Pflueger President Spinning reel  #6925 $70 Daiwa Sealine SG17LC3B $75  
    • leech~~
      Thanks for the Update, I think that I did see less birds out on Edwards as well later this summer. Hopefully they shoot 400 more next spring!