• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Koren Robinson...

lawdog

See the Seattle judge sentenced him to 90 days on his probation violation for his MN DWI. But, the judge let him work the rest of the NFL season and then can come in within a certain amount of time after that. Its not unheard of to give a guy a little time to start a sentence, but honestly that's 3 months and its far too long. Preferential treatment to these spoiled millionaire NFL thugs only makes things worse not better with the state of that league. He should be locked up now... What a loser. Great pick up by the wholesome adn rightous Packers huh???!!! HA!

Dawg, you know the deal.

If I, the boilerman, were to do the same thing do you honestly think I'd get the same treatment???

I'm no lawyer but I don't think so. He belongs in jail, but Green Bay is close enough. grin.gif

It still surprises me that Green Bay took this guy on.

Years ago they looked very closely at your off-field resume, and if there were any hints of a problem they kind of quietly shuffled them out the door, for instance Mark Chmura and before that James Lofton. Not saying whay they used to do was a bad thing, however.

DD

I'll be the first to say that I groaned when I saw TT pick Koren up. I commend Childress for sticking to his word and cutting him. I guess I can see how the Pack would be tempted to take him though. One, they waited until after the first game of the season so his contract would not be guaranteed through the year. Two, I'm sure there is very clear wording in his contract that allows them to dump him if they even get a whiff of more criminal activity. Three, I think he is playing for the league minimum right now. So with all of these precautionary measures in place, coupled with only a minor monetary investment, there really doesn't seem much to lose. Even if he gets the Pack a few key first downs, maybe decent field position or even a runback and then gets suspended and is out for the year, oh well. I don't think anybody can dispute that he's a talented player and Vikes fans, correct me if I'm wrong, but he never was really a malcontent, or a poison in the locker room was he? This is just my take on why the Pack signed him. Like I said, if it were me, I would have looked the other way...its not like one guy is gonna take us to the playoffs this year anyway.

Oh and for all the Vikes fans that think he is such a loser now:

Quote:

He should be locked up now... What a loser. Great pick up by the wholesome adn rightous Packers huh???!!! HA!

I seem to remember many of you singing his praises last year and this offseason. blush.gif

Oh and for all the Vikes fans that think he is such a loser now:

Quote:

He should be locked up now... What a loser. Great pick up by the wholesome adn rightous Packers huh???!!! HA!

I seem to remember many of you singing his praises last year and this offseason. blush.gif

I hope Koren does well. He was well liked by the fans and the team. I guess it is kind of like my old girlfriend. She was great, beautiful, sweet but just couldn't seem to stay out of the bed with other guys. It does not mean she isn't great, beautiful and sweet but I sure would not want to date her again.

Quote:

I hope Koren does well. He was well liked by the fans and the team. I guess it is kind of like my old girlfriend. She was great, beautiful, sweet but just couldn't seem to stay out of the bed with other guys. It does not mean she isn't great, beautiful and sweet but I sure would not want to date her again.

Wow, that is one of the funniest things I have ever read on this forum. Beutiful comparison.

he does belong in jail. having said that, koren getting three months before he has to start his sentence is not all that uncommon. If you had a decent lawer you would be able to get a simialer deal, if you could could prove contractual prior engagements, even with a probation violation.

Thats what money and fame usually do.Our court system seems to let the wealthy or famous buy there way out of most things.

I would say that the lawyers help,but Lawdog I dont want to upset you. wink.gif

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Green Bay Packers wide receiver Koren Robinson was suspended without pay Tuesday for a minimum of one year for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.

Koren Robinson

Wide Receiver

Green Bay Packers

2006 SEASON STATISTICS

Rec Yds TD Avg Long YAC

7 89 0 12.7 24 20

The league's action came hours after Robinson pleaded not guilty to charges of drunken driving and fleeing police stemming from a high-speed chase in August.

Robinson's agent, Alvin Keels, said in a telephone interview he was surprised the league didn't wait until after Robinson's legal issues in Minnesota had been resolved to issue the suspension.

Keels said Robinson was disappointed by the decision.

"He seems to be handling it well," Keels said. "I think he's in a state of shock right now. We thought the league would wait. But obviously, they're trying to make a statement."

Robinson, who said Monday that he expected to play in the Packers' game in Miami on Sunday and didn't think his legal troubles would affect his playing status this year, did not immediately respond to a message left on his cell phone by The Associated Press.

Keels said the reason given for the suspension was the league believed Robinson consumed alcohol on the night he was arrested in Minnesota. Under the terms of the league's substance abuse policy, officials didn't have to wait for Robinson's court case to be resolved to suspend him.

Speaking at a news conference in Green Bay, Packers coach Mike McCarthy said Robinson had an appeal hearing with the league by conference call Monday.

Under the terms of the suspension, McCarthy said Robinson would not be allowed to work out or practice with the team. McCarthy said he wasn't even sure if he was allowed to talk to Robinson while he was suspended.

"I really have never been involved in this process before, but my understanding is, we're not allowed to be involved as an organization," McCarthy said. "Just in respect to the NFL guidelines, we will follow those guidelines."

Packers general manger Ted Thompson, who signed Robinson to a two-year deal last month, was on a scouting trip and unavailable for comment.

Keels said the fact the Packers knew Robinson could face a league suspension when they signed him, plus the fact they signed him for more than a year, was a sign they would take him back next year after he becomes eligible to be reinstated.

"I definitely think that it's a situation to where he'll more than likely be welcomed back," Keels said.

But, Keels said, "A year's a long time, so we'll just have to see what happens."

Robinson caught seven passes for 89 yards and averaged 21.1 yards on 12 kickoff returns in four games for the Packers this year. He is eligible to be reinstated no sooner than Sept. 18, 2007.

The suspension leaves the Packers without a proven No. 3 receiver. Robert Ferguson remains on crutches after injuring his foot in the Packers' Oct. 2 game at Philadelphia. Ferguson will undergo more tests this week, McCarthy said.

McCarthy expressed confidence that first-year receiver Ruvell Martin and other players would be able to contribute in Robinson's absence.

Robinson is a Pro Bowl-caliber kickoff returner and talented receiver, but his history of off-field troubles with alcohol played a role in his exit from Seattle and Minnesota.

Robinson was briefly taken into custody after his court hearing in Minnesota earlier Tuesday because of a warrant for a previous traffic violation. He was released a short time later, after his attorney went to a bank to withdraw $1,000 to post bond.

The more serious charges came when Robinson was with the Minnesota Vikings. His car topped 100 mph as police chased him from St. Peter to the Vikings' training camp headquarters in Mankato on Aug. 15. Police say Robinson's blood-alcohol content was 0.11 percent, above the legal limit of 0.08.

The Vikings cut Robinson after the August incident, and he signed with the Packers in September.

This month, Robinson was sentenced to three months in jail for violating probation on a separate drunken-driving case in Kirkland, Wash., last year. He plans to serve the sentence after the season.

Robinson already had been suspended for four games for violating the league's substance abuse policy in 2004.

St. Peter is about 57 miles southwest of Minneapolis, and about 10 miles north of Mankato.