• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

looking for background on some eqiuipment-

Grant

Question

I just purchased a small lot of used fishing gear, and was able to identify _almost_ everything... 2 items I'm still curious about, and was thinking maybe someone on here could shed some light on it.

item one is an aluminum tackle box, split top design, with 2 sets of trays on it that telescope out either side. the aluminim has a matte texture, almost like a very small version of the "pillowcase" textures on the side of the roach coach lunch wagons. it also has a small plate on one of the lids that reads "1000A".

The other item is an old levelwind reel, brushed aluminum construction, red on both sides, with the only markings being a small plate that reads "Olympic Triton 727". it has a clicker that is active cranking forward and reverse, an unlabeled thumbscrew to set drag, and no apparent casting release button.

Sorry I don't have any photos, but I would be greatly appreciative of any background you folks could give me on these two items.

thanks!

Grant

2 answers to this question

I've seen both on ebay. Do an internet search and you should find out plenty. The tackle box is likely an UMCO Aluminum Model 1000A.

and the umco tackle boxes used to be manufactured in watertown minnesota. i have a couple of their smaller jig boxes that i have retired due to their age and signifigance. dont want to loose them. ... paul