Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
The Yeti

Flowage etiquette..

The Yeti    0
The Yeti

For duck opener, we went up into the flowage from Big Sandy to Aitkin lake. Everyone knows how narrow that flowage is. We're in a 14 foot boat. 2 guys, my dog, gear, plus towing a canoe full of decoys.

On the way back, we see another boat coming, so, like normal, courteous people, (unlike this other guy), we move over to one side and slow down. This (you can guess what word I want to use here), guy comes at us with about a 17 foot lund. Did not even hardly slow down. The wake nearly comes into our boat. And he keeps going and glares at us like we did something wrong. What the he** is wrong with some people out there.!!

I wanted to throw something at him. Get a clue people.

Sand Burr    3
Sand Burr

When the water level is low the bigger boats can not get back up on plane if they slow down to much in the flowage. Big Sandy is full of 17 to 18 foot 100 plus horse boats that love to fish Aitkin Lake in the fall. I am not saying it is right or wrong but yes when your passing a small 14’ boat with a canoe full of decoys a small wake is not going to fair very well.

waywardfishing    0
waywardfishing

Sorry to hear some Jack#*# nearly sank you, however, how was the hunting ? Any ducks or geese ?

The Yeti    0
The Yeti

Worst opener I have seen. Had a few flocks come over high. Heard a bit of shooting from the direction of the main part of Aitkin. Other than that. Pretty dead. Could not even get the geese to come down.