Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
npsmokefan

Any reports East of the Narrows

4 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anybody has been fishing the east end of the lake? We are coming up next week and usually camp down in that area. Not set on any area, just looking for reports. Thanks

HI N.P.S.,

I DON'T FISH THE EAST END THIS TIME OF THE YEAR, AS THE WEST END IS AWESOME RIGHT NOW. I TALKED TO A GUY ABOUT 15 MINUTES AGO, AND THEY HAMMERED THEM IN 17 FOOT OF WATER IN MILD CURRENT LOADED WITH BAIT FISH. ALOT OF FISH... 14" TO 20". I DON'T LIKE USING THE XTRA GAS WHEN THE FISHING IS GOOD ON THIS END.

SINCERELY,

FISHMIESTER

Where do you find current other than the narrows. Not looking for specific spots, just general ideas of what to look for. Is current important in fall fishing on Rainy. We always searched for reefs that were holding fish and worked them. Any tips on fishing Rainy after a front has moved through this time of year. Last couple fall trips we have experienced the worst of what this lake can offer. And fishing was about as good as the weather. But I still love to come this time of year. My wife thinks I'm crazy to keep going back this time of year.

Thanks, Doug

HI DOUG,

MY POINT EXACTLY, YOU SAID YOUR FISHING EAST OF THE BRULE, I SAY THE BEST FISHING EAST OF THE BRULE IS JULY & AUGUST. MAY, JUNE, SEPT, OCT & NOV. I CHOOSE THIS END. THERE ISN'T ALOT OF CURRENT ANYWHERE RIGHT NOW, BECAUSE WE LACK MOISTURE. PLACES WITH A SMALL AMOUNT OF CURRENT, WATER NARROWS, RANIER, LIFT BRIDGES, AMERICAN NARROWS, AND THERE ARE MANY MANY MORE, LOOK FOR PLACES WELL YOU HAVE HIGH CONCENTRATIONS OF SMELT & BAIT FISH & ACCESS TO DEEP WATER & YOU WILL FIND FISH, THEY WILL BE THERE PIGGING OUT & GETTING FAT AS FOOTBALLS.

SINCERELY,

FISHMEISTER