Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jig n' jerk

Have others recieved this email

18 posts in this topic

I recieved an email from a guy named trevor stating that he is over at the "new" (Contact Us Please) fishing site. He says he wants to tell everyone about it and there is a hyperlink to the site. I really don't care about the e-mail (I've been there but FM blows them out of the water), but I am curious as to how he got my e-mail adress. I was wondering if anyone else recieved this e-mail?

Not me. Guess you're the lucky one.

NO,and no Thank you.I am already on the best outdoors site on the web.

yep - got it......

I got it and got rid of it grin.gif

LovenLifeGuy

Yeah, I looked at there site once and it was nowhere near the caliber of fishing minnesota. Any ideas as to how they got our e-mail adresses?

Same thing happened about a year ago when there was some hurt feelings.

I know for a fact that FM has never given away or sold any e-mail addresses... That is not our style.. the only thing I can think of is if you posted your e-mail in any of the posts? Also, some people have thier e-mail in their signatures.. that would be a dead give away as well.

Quote:

Any ideas as to how they got our e-mail adresses?

Have you ever posted your e-mail address here before in a post? Or at any other outdoors related forum? Or registered at that site?

They've been known to troll the forums here looking for addresses, and then you get an e-mail. Part of their "guerilla" method of recruiting members.

Your registration with FM is safe, if that is what you are wondering. Nobody can get your address unless you post it online.

EDIT: Geez Deitz. We think alike! smile.gif

I got it as well. I assume he got the email addresses when you post your email to recieve pics of a for sale item. I know I have posted mine recently to have someone send me pics of a truck.

ahh hanson.. but I hit continue first.. laugh.giftongue.gif

Dietz,thats because Hanson is working all the time.

I have recieved those e-mails in the past only after I posted my e-mail address. I think the others are right, they troll looking for e-mail address's. You should have read the e-mail I sent him after I looked at their site. shocked.gif

LOL @ Augusta, thanks for sticking up for us!

Nope!!!!!!!!

Brian

I got it!

Yup, I got it to...read it and deleted it...only so much time in the day to be fiddling with fishing sites...FM is fine with me.

did not receive it, but then again I have no clue which site we are talking about as it is edited out in the first post.