Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Northlander

Gunflint trail leaves and Fish report for 10/2-10/3

Northlander    72
Northlander

Well I took a trip up to see fellow FMer Gunflint on the trail. Headed up on Mon morning and the colors were in post peak most of the way. A lot of leaves falling the more north I got. Still enough on trees to keep it colorfull but with the rain we got today the leaves wont last long up there.

Fishing was slow both days for us but with the weather and company being great Mon how could a guy not enjoy himself.

I also had the privelege of meeting another Fmer from Milwaukee area. Ken is his name and I believe he goes by Panhandle on FM. I spent this am with Ken and we BSed away the morning in his boat on a small lake he had done well on the day before. As usual though, when Northlander hits the trail either poor fishing, weather or both usually follows frown.gif and we only caught a few small eyes and a snakey northern. Ken it was a honor to fish with a guy who has the same passion for the eyes as I do. See ya next time up or next season. E-mail me if ya ever want to BS.

Mark, (Gunflint) I enjoyed the time in the boat with ya and getting up to that beautiful part of the state. Thanks for all the goodies and the warm roof. I hope to get up there again before snow flies.

For those who havent been up the Gunflint Trail in the Fall its a must do. We saw Moose, deer a fox and lots of birds. Like I said earlier the leaves alone are worth the trip but not for very long this year. Some very nice eating places and resorts for those who want to make it a weekend trip.

I highly suggest Bearskin Lodge on East Bearskin Lake. Mark makes sure everyone has what they need and keeps the guests as happy as any 1 man can. He isnt a bad guide/fisherman either. wink.gif

If anyone is interested in heading that way this month and camping out in the campground give me a holler I may be able to talk myself into another trip up the trail. grin.gif

BD110    27
BD110

Northlander,

I'm glad to hear that you had a good time. As you know I left you a message on your cell last week with a couple of days at the end of the month. Let me know if that time might work for you. It should be good and cold by then but hopefully not to bad. My camper has already been place at the cabin for Deer season. So not much hope for an overnighter at this point.

I'm heading out with Pout-slayer later this morning and I'll be heading out with LoonaSea tomorrow to Yellow lake. Give me a call when you get a chance and we can take a look at some dates.

Take care,

Tom (BD110)