• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Haynesworth suspension

Double D

Just curious what everyones opinion was on the Albert Haynesworth suspension of 5 games. I heard it was the longest suspension for an on field incident in the NFL.

I believe it took 30 stitches to close the Dallas guy up. Haynesworth to me seemed genuinely apologetic afterwards because it looked like he knew he screwed up big time. Jeff Fisher may even take further action.

I thought 5 unpaid games was OK.

Your opinions please.

DD

Gut reaction is that it should be longer, but looking at what other suspensions were it is probably about right. Now Fisher could step up and make a point with more but that would be a team thing. What really cracked me up was that the guy said he was sorry after the game and said that this kind of thing is "not in his character". Well, Dude, since you did the dirty deed I would say it was exactly in your character. If not your character then whose, did the "devil make you do it?". Take your unpaid vacation and shut your pie hole! Windy

I heard the suspension would cost him about $500,000 in lost salary. As bad as it was, that's probably sufficient punishment. I'm guessing he never does anything like this again. And it was no worse than some cheap shots I have seen taken over the years that went practically unpunished.

I'm one that is always in favor of tougher penalties. I think it should be longer, but I'm glad it's not just 1 game. I read that he would lose $190,000, but that report could have been wrong.

The guy with the Cowboys is considering legal action against him, pending the outcome of the penalties handed down to AH. All I can say is, if he ever does something remotely similar to what he did, kick him out of the league.

Funny how he said it was out of character for him. The article I read this morning shows that this is right in line with his character. He's had run-ins where he went to college (Tennessee?) and also with the Titans, plus off the field problems.

I'm cool with what the NFL handed down but I hope Fischer jumps in and tacks a little on the end.

It doesn't sound like Fisher is going to add more onto it. My first reaction also, was suspend him for the year, but I think 5 will be good. One thing I do applaud him for, if there is anything to applaud him for at this point, is he has said he would not appeal the suspension even though the PA is asking him to.

Bull Hoowee! They want to run it like a business then run it like a business. I guarantee, if I go to the office and get PO'ed at someone and attack them, I am fired! This is ridiculous. I LOVE football but this is insane. Slap on the hand for slashing a guy's face open. Bertuzzi was suspended from the NHL for a year in a sport where they punch each other all the time! I know tempers are flaring and adrenaline is up but come on, get a grip! $500K? Big deal! They need to set a precedence that this behavior wont be tolerated.

I'm not sticking up for the guy, I think that he should be suspended for a year, but we still shouldn't compare football to a day at the office. Football is and always will be a violent sport with violent players. They are two totally different things. This kind of stuff goes on at all levels of football, most of the time, we never see it. Sometime, watch a football game and focus on the Linemen, they throw punches and scratch and gouge at each other, but we are so focused on where the ball is we never actually see it. There is really nasty stuff that goes on at the bottom of a pile, do they get fined? NO because nobody sees whats going on.

He should have been suspended for the entire season and charges brought up against him for assault. There is absolutely no reasoning or excuse for what he did.

I dont care what the NFL does... I want the guy who got stepped on to sue for pain and suffering...

I think this was similar to Bartuzzi (sp?) that goon in hockey who intentionally assualted that guy. It was above and beyond a normal run of the mill cheap shot and I think there is no place in the game for it. Personally I think he should be charged with assault and the league should have gone for the whole year. Somehow, the National Felony League has to get control over these criminals and thugs they have out there. There has got to be upstanding citizen athletes that can play the game... Keep the felons in jail where they belong, don't give them millions of dollars to play a game so many of us love.

I think there was malicious intent there so I think he should be suspended for the year. If he had stomped on his arm/leg or chest 5 games would be good. However, since he stopped on the guys head TWICE he should be punished more severely. First he stomped on his head knocking his helmet off then stomped on him again cutting him. Not to mention the possibility of defiguring injuries to the other players face, he could have gotten him in the eye and blinded him.

There is no place in football for this, the league and Fischer should send a message to all the young kids and high school players out there that personal attacks like this are NOT acceptable and have no place in football and suspend him for the year unpaid plus fines. Just my thoughts on it.

I didn't see what happened because I was out hunting, but I heard a few people talking about it and the general consencius is that he should be kicked out of the NFL for life. I need to see the clip myself before i render an opinion.