• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Didn't many of you say the BIG SKIRT was a bum?

Commanche Jim

I remember all the smack talk last year about Big Frank, one of my favorite players..............

There were many names that were thrown out there like "The Big Skirt"

My question is this......

What do you call him now?

The Big "Hurt"

The Big "Twin Killer"

The Big "Hurt-Yo-Han"

The Big "That's Gotta Hurt"

The Big "The Twins lost the series because our pitchers were HURT"

The Big "Commanche Jim said some very nasty things and I was very very HURT"

I know, I know................it's not over yet.

For the good of the central, at least don't get swept.

a guy threw one bad pitch and you have to rant and rave about it.....grow up....GO TWINS...man its fun watching OUR home team play in the playoffs!!! And listening to the "out of staters" belly ache since they cant be cheering for their own team. you guys really need to grow up. shocked.gif

You're a real classy fan,

You can come here and talk smack all you want, but the truth is you have been owned by the Twins basically since 2002.

You had a good season last year and when it ended, many of the people here congratulated you and Windy, now you wanna come in here and gloat because the team that eliminated your underachievers got beat.

Anyway, I am watching a playoff game tomorrow(or at least listening) and you and the Sux are crying in your beers.

Wonder what game you will have on about 12:00 in your bar tomorrow? confused.gif

That's right, the Central div. champion Twins.

Thats the C-jim we all know, It's nice to see you are still working on improving your image around here... keep up the good work. crazy.gif

Wow, touche'...........

The Sux.....the White Sox bashing, the chokers, the underacheivers......the hateful words toward the Sox, me, and Windy over the past year and a half. laugh.gif

If you can dish it out, I would at least expect you to take it.

I am, in a way, pulling for you guys and your Twins. But after today, it doesn't look really good.

Today is only the first.Many games left and you cannot count out the Twinkies.I know as I did in June.

I don't remember anyone else's bashing, but I admit I did and I do remember Jim's story about meeting Frank and all.

And I'm sure he misses ol' Frank like lots of other Wsox fans and probably some of his teammates, but the A's sure are glad to have him this year.

I would not be pitchin' much to him in close games that's for sure. He commands a lttle more respect after his season comeback and especially after today.

Geno,

Thanks for watching Jimbo's back. We never bashed Big Frank as he was a favorite on the south side for years and even if we did it would be like in Animal House when Boone and Otter were talking about their pledges..."They can't do that to our pledges...Only WE can do that to our pledges". Great flick. Windy

Indeed a great flick, Windy.

Last night I saw some blurb on the sportsnews that Frank is now one of the oldest to homer. Couldn't hear it all, so I don't know if it was homer twice or in playoffs/series or what, but anyway, he is now in select company of Babe Ruth and, egad, Larry Walker?????

Here is a paste off Fox just for Windy and Jim as a reminder of what all the Twinkie fans are saying :

"Posted: 15 hours ago

Frank Thomas' old team is home for the postseason."

• 2 weeks later...

After going hitless the entire series, leaving all those runners on base and having one great series against Detroit.

Just wanted to see if there was still room on the Frank Thomas bandwagon?

Just can't bring myself to bash him for a bad series after the season he had. Certainly did not clutch but either did his teammates.

But let me just say that his out to end that playoff game with the basesloaded and down by 3 really put a big Hurt on the A's fans. Nyuk, nyuk.