Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hockey Guy

Any advice?

3 posts in this topic

I’m heading up Friday AM to fish for 3 days. I plan on camping somewhere on the West end of Namakan. I would like to get into some large Northerns, Smallies, and Walleye. Does anyone have any suggestion as to where I should be looking? I have never been up there this late in the year so I’m not sure what the patterns are for fall. Should the Walleyes be on sharp breaks or points and reefs? What about Northerns? Are the big girls in the shallow bays yet or still in the deeper water? Thanks in advance for any help.

Read my Sand Point report, it won't be largely different.

I just got back. WOW are there spots in that area. Boats tend to congregate on weekends, and off the mouths of the bays in 20-35 feet of water. Jigs and minnows for eyes, and the occasional gator will hammer you if you're not careful. Saw many casting in the shallower bays with 1/2 their suitcase on the end of their line... assume they are looking for toothy gators. Good luck.