Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MN_Iceman

North end ramps

12 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone has put in lately on the north end. I was thinking about heading out Thursday night and putting in at Fishers. I know that it is ususally a little shallow in the way out but I have never had a problem. This is the first voyage up to the pond this fall in the new boat laugh.gif and I would rather not have any issues getting onto the water. Any information would be great. I am thinking about trying the sand weedline and then see where the night takes me.

thanks

When I went last time I put in at fishers. It's a little shallow heading out but the launch itself is still in great shape. You will be fine. You should pull some cranks where we did last fall in that area and pounded them! Im going to try and get out saturday but I do have to work in the morning mad.gif.

LovenLifeGuy

That was going to be my first stop and then maybe try the North East side from there. I will give you a report when I get back.

Hey guys I am heading out on Thursday night. Wanna meet up somewhere? I should be on the water by 9:00.

Sounds good to me. Send me your number and I will get in contact with you. Or I can get it from Luvenlifeguy

I might be up there too. I'll have to check with the "F.F.L" first. grin.gif

Later,

Corey Bechtold

Iceman call Bill for my number.

Corey give me a call on Wed. night. We can touch base if you are going up.

10-4

Talk to you later,

Corey Bechtold

i went out on Saturday and tried the Malmo access, i had my truck 15 feet in the water and still couldnt get boat off trailer, so i went to Wealthwood and it was OK, still hit bottom for about 100 yards till the drop off, so all in all the accesses are no good, went down to Myr Mar and had lunch and there launch looked good, but im sure they charge a nominal fee, anyway good luck up there

what size boat do you have that you had so many problems with?

Just a 16 foot Lund Alaskan, the lake is way way low, i wouldnt go back to those accesses

Agate Bay is suppose to be ok, but it's not on the North End.