• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

First snow of the season pool

Anyone care to start a pool on the first measureable snowfall?

Im going with Nov 9th.

(Wade I cleaned up your post a bit to be more user friendly sort to say. E-mail me with any questions. Northlander)

Im going with November 22nd. I hope its only a dusting. I want soom good cold ice making weather before we get any measurable snow. Northlander

I think first measurable ice on fish lake would be more interesting. I also think the prize should be non-alcohol related so our under 21 FMers can jump in.

just a suggestion.

(I agree Quick. Northlander)

Ok, no problem. But I preffer snow on the ground before ice gets made...then a period of no snow with good cold weather to make good clear ice.

How about a six pack of "beverage of winners choice"

Nov. 3 for deer season. Its been a few years since we had snow for opener.

I hope we have a little of the white stuff on the ground for rifle opener. I will be optimistic and say Nov. 1, but then we don't need any until we get that good blue ice going so I can start chasing lakers and crappies. Also can't have freeze up be too early though so I can still duck hunt in Nov. I'm a hard guy to please!

We atre talking measurable snow. I doubt anything soon will be able to measure.

Doubting about measurable snow Steve-O? Come on man. We live in the North. We got our's last week don't ya remember? Oh yeah, you were'nt there. We were up in Saskatchewan. Snow . . Geese that is. Picture's to come soon grin.gif BC

Ya I know we could have it before Holloween. Im just hoping we dont get too much.

work for the weather in DSM iowa,,,--- you will get snow and measureable at that--- maybe a inch or two-- as even Iowa will get some frozen mix come thurs. The ground is still warm-- but with temps in the 20's,, it will gather on grassy areas etc. Thurs-Fri it may not climb above 32F as far south as Hinkley-Brainerd- line.

Could change--- but right now this air mass is looking pretty cold mid-OCT.

Muddy

I still doubt what we get around here will be "Measurable". I think the ground is still too warm to let what we get sit around too long.

Heck I still have to mow my grass 1 last time. mad.gif

Yeah, I do too, just to mulch the leaves. I don't rake. The way I figure it, if God didn't want 'em on the ground, he wouldn't have put them there.

not what my pals at the Duluth office are saying; WINTER STORM WATCH FOR THE NORTH SHORE AND POINTS EAST.

check out this forecast for Two HArbors area;

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/forecast/MapClick.php?site=DLH&llon=-92.092088&rlon=-90.922088&tlat=47.895417&blat=46.727917&smap=1&mp=1&map.x=84&map.y=177

I still say we only get 1-2" and none of it will stay long at all. It will be too wet. Now Ashland and south could get hammered.

Looked outside a few minutes ago and there is white stuff on the ground. Not much just enough to cover the grass. Not mentally prepared for this frown.gif

THIS IS TOURTURE!!!!! frown.giffrown.gifDeer are moving and im sitting in class up at the college. i need to winterize my boat yet or at least put it in the garage but hopefully that only takes 2 hrs so then i can skip my last class for a 1pm t odark stand sit!!!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif OR SHOULD I GO FOR THE NORTHENR DUCKS???!!! I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! frown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifblush.gifblush.gif

I just got new tires put on ...let it snow ....I will still be able to pull my self up the boat ramp when icecycles form on the prop

We woke up to this Friday in Grouse camp off the Norway Trail, up the Echo Trail.

2006_0511GrouseCamp20060007.jpg

We managed 3 flushes and 1 bird Thursday evening but nothing Friday. It was still a good time!

Hey Brent:

SOMEBODY got a grouse! This was this afternoon on the Secret Lake/Blackstone Trail outside Ely. grin.gif

grouse-hunters.jpg