Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SKIPPERS KID

Chub-lake

15 posts in this topic

Well was out on chub-lake to day cool.gif I hooked up with a good friend to go bass fishing well this was a great day we caught 20 to 25 bass 2lbs to 5lbs was a great fall day to be out. I have not fished chub for 15 years what a great bass lake so if you are up for some fun go get some bass we caught 15 northern as well all bass where on spinner baits I will be back soon cool.gifsmirk.gif.

Tom18.25inches.jpg

Kyle18.25inchbass.jpg

Kyle's Bass

How did you get that Ranger into Chub Lake? Helicopter? Wasnt the water way low at the landing still?

By the way dont waste any more of my time with these Bass (Green Carp) posts and pics. Anyone can catch those bucket mouths. grin.giftongue.gif

Tom,

I'd be interested to hear how the landing was also. I have tomorrow off and since i looks like its gonna be nice, I was planning on taking my 4 year old over and shore-fish Chub, but if i could get my boat in I'd rather do that so I could look for some nice gills or crappie. I've got a 17' lund and roller trailer. The lake has been so low the last 2 years that i quit even trying to put in there with my boat. Thanks for any update smile.gif

PS: Say HI to Deb and Austin from Chris, Caroline and Dylan (she'll know who this is grin.gif) and have her tell her sister & brother-in-law to stop by sometime!

Chris the landing is not that bad you have to back the truck in to the front wheels but not bad we got a 21 foot ranger in just take your time smirk.gif. I will be back and northlander you are just bummed you where not there? shocked.gif I think some might want to have fun I did well they are fish and I have not met one I did not like when fighting one on the line you should try it smile.gifcool.gif.

Thanks for the info Tom, still looks like they are predicting a nice day tomorrow so I think we'll head over there in the morning. Not sure I can get Dylan to cast spinnerbaits with the "Tweety" pole but maybe I can cast a few docks while he throws a bobber/worm grin.gif

The best was right in front of the landing to the right as you leave the dock and the the shore line the was no fish at the dock's worm's worked in the deeper water next to the weed's we did great to day a lot of big bass I think we did about 35 today what a great day. Hope you can get out smirk.gif good fishing.

Some nice bass. The reason is because the lake was not fished hard except for those that knew the lake. Hope yor post does not change that. Thats a small lake for any kind of pressure. Hope everbody does C/R.>>>later the load

Load that lake has been hit hard for years and years. Heck I fished it at 3 years old and there was more pressure back then than I have seen in the recent years. The reason the bass (Yuck) are in there is due to the stocking years back and they are finally of decent size. Nobody in there right mind eats those bucketmouths anyways. tongue.gif

In my opinion those bucketmouths could be weeded out a bit and let the Crappie, gill and eye numbers develope a bit.

This is Mn. after all. blush.gif

Your mom should wash you mouth out with soap for using such vulgar lang against a noble fish like that. Hitting the river this weekend ya heading out Sun/Mon? Thinking out of Boyscout>>later the load

My mom feels the same way I do. After all she grew up in MN. too. grin.gif

Im hitting Island Sunday and maybe the river Mon.

I like those fish there they are fun to catch and CPR and I do not need a bass stamp???? confused.gif.

Bass are a nice option for when the walleyes are slow. It seems like Bass are always biting.

"Bass Stamp." Now thats funny shiznit there Tom. grin.gif

Ya its funny how we need a trout/salmon stamp on the Big Lake but no walleye stamp. confused.gif

A bass stamp would be like having to pay to kiss your mom. blush.gif

Well this is what it is coming to there are know fish being raised at the french so they must raise there price for fishing to pay the bills. smirk.giffrown.gif. I will be voteing this fall shocked.gif.

I must add Kyle has a great lake near his house to share with his boy's. I would love to see this lake shine for years and if you have a chance share the fishing with a little guy and you will be happy you did it was great for me smirk.gifsmirk.gif.