Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
tjm

What is this pic of?

xedge2002

Not sure but looks like coyotes with real bushy tails.

harvey lee

With the color of the tails and the bushy tails,I would like to guess they are silver fox.Problem is with that guess is that I dont believe silver fox get that big.Maybe a cross.

Or,a coyote with a light colored tail.

tjm

Some sort of a cross fox or half elbino.Def not coyotes they were only 25 yards away from me when i took the pic

harvey lee

They sure look like they have some silver fox to them.

lawdog

I definitely see a fox shape there, no doubt about that. Big though, but of course that's a little hard to judge in a picture without a ton of reference points too...

Stratosman

Do silver's have different color phases?

harvey lee

Some of the farmed fox are Blue,Blue frost silver and the red ones are saga gold and golden island or just wild red fox.

A silver is two toned with shades od black and grey.If it were a farm raised fox it could have been cross breed with any color phase.

Generally speaking,a farmed raised fox is larger than a wild one.

HunterLee

Those are silver fox- we have seen 2 in all the years where we hunt. Very rare- one my uncle shot and hit but it got down its hole and another that we found splatted to the road. My dad and uncle have hunted fox and coyotes since they were kids and so have i so we see alot, but never a silver one. My uncle knows a guy who raises those. Dont know if there are any fox farms down there, but if there isnt thats pretty cool. Siver fox are usually look black or pretty black and looking at the picture thats what you got, as they are probly still in there summer fur, but if you get another picture later i'd guess they would be darker. To me they dont look that big, when they have good fur they are twice if not bigger looking. Skin one and you would understand. They look well furred and healthy. I thought at first it might be just the camera light but thats doubtful being their tails are white and you got good color in the field. If you get a crack at one of those i'd for sure take one. So they are definetly silver fox- they could be wild, but they could be excapee's too. Or maybe mommie just had a litter of those.

rappin jack

They are silvers, shot one about 12 years ago.

tjm

I showed this pic to an old rach farmer this morning.He said indeed it was a ranch fox but it's not a silver it's an artic they turn pure white in the winter.

He asked where i took the pic.I said off of my corn ladder stand.What the hells that.An over grown step ladder to scout for artic fox i said.He just chuckled and said by the looks of the picture thats momma and whats left of her little ones.Be kinda kewl to see some half red/white fox running around.

He figures 1 of the storms probly is the reason why there running around.I guess several other animals got out as well

He did'nt think they would survive unless they been running around all summer

Good luck fox hunters better get hunting before it snows.I gave up the sport i just might need to get a small game lic and try to wack 1 with a bow

zachp

Here is a pic of a Arctic fox in summer plummage i took a couple months ago. [image]Picture001.jpg[/image]

I'm not saying the fox in your picture aren't arctic fox, but they do look a little big. I work in the oil fields of AK and see arctic fox daily, they are smaller than the red fox, and they appear to be built lower to the ground, the large fox in the picture has pretty long legs which is what throws me off. The point was brought up that if the fox were farm raised they would be bigger which i suppose could be the case, or they may be a hybrid, who knows.

tjm

Well i lived in Alaska as well..never had a chance to see artic fox.Seen and shot a few cross

All said and done what ever kind of fox they are i know those 2 are not from this area.Be kinda kewl to get a mix breed going on.I would think they should breed with reds