Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Daze Off

Rum River Update

1 post in this topic

Finally got a chance to fish again and hit the Rum all day Sunday. Sadly, I can report that the fishing was VERY slow -for me and for everyone I talked to on the river. I caught only two smallies (dinks) in 7 hours and one small snot rocket. Water temps ranged from 53-57 degrees in various sections of the river and the water was remarkably clear. Went both north and south of the fairgrounds landing.

I threw spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, grubs, crankbaits, carolina rig, tubes, senkos - wacky style, drop-shotted, soft and hard jerkbaits, jig and pig, all with almost no success. Only thing I did not throw was lipless cranks and plastic worms which no doubt would have killed 'em....I fished the wood, the rocks, the weeds, the holes and drop-offs and the flats. I threw long and flipped short....

Not sure why it was so slow but I intend to be out there again often because sooner or later it will be jumping!

Daze Off