• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cabin breakins and thefts!!!!!!!

bieganekbaitco

This past week, three cabins where broke into on Arbor Ridge on the east shore of Upper Red lake. The only things that where taken where a bunch of tackle boxs full of tackle. If anyone out there knows of anyone who came into a bunch of tackle or knows anything about this, there is a reward and they will remain anonimous. This past June, there where similar thefts in boats at Westwinds Harbor, no electronics, no rods, just tackle. These low-life scum must be caught!!!!!!! I can be reached by my Personal email!!!!!!!! Thank you

Yep have a cabin on 72 w/river access and someone tried to get in to ours went through the neigbors and stole the 7 to 4 way plug off the boat trailer so far thats all we found gone. 4-wheeler tracks right to the front of the boat hum??? ride your wheeler on the shoulder or ditch and stay off my property. But i hear you it gets real old..... mad.gif

Thanks for the heads up guys. I got the security system on... but the dang thing has went off several times this summer for no apparent reason. confused.gif

At least this time if it goes off I MAY have a reason to investigate.

I keep joking with the police that it's the bear that wanders threw there. I have tracks all over around the cabin. My cleaning lady won't clean the place after dark and when she does go up she parks as close to the door as she can.

But seriously... you can follow it's tracks from 2-3 cabins down along the beach and then he comes up and snoops around the cabin, goes next door and does the same and then we loose the tracks in the sand by the lake again. LOL

There no little paw prints either.

We put up a 8' stainless steel counter top and sink for fish cleaning at. The drain goes down into a low spot. I am waiting for the day I go up there and "Ms. Bear" has taken it upon herself to remove my drain pipe. LOL

Mark, any new info on the thefts yet?

By the way, you still owe me several beers brother!

The sheriffs dept has some leeds its working on but nothing new in a week..........I havent forgot about the beers, Maybe next weekend we'll have to toss a couple back!!!!!

And, I do have voice mail on my phone so next time you call, leave me a dang message will ya????

I was up to my hunting cabin last week and two sets of moose antlers, several large deer antlers, and a nice two- man cross cut saw, all on the outside of the cabin were gone. Its my own fault but have had the cabin for 10 years and no trouble till this time. Guess nothing is safe anymore. Never called the cops dont know how it would be able to be traced. Just read your posts and thought I would let everyone know it can happen at anytime. If anyone hears of anything like that please let me know. thanks

This is just odd... missing tackle and antlers?

What kind of goof are we dealing with. I guess someone who desperatly WANTS to look like a sportsman!!!

Can't go out and get their own tackle and shoot their own animals. blush.gif

I was like you Tucker, I had faith in my fellow man, not anymore though!!! Its very disheartning, stealing my baby daughters coin back with a whopping $5 bucks in change, the sheriffs better find them before I do. I believe my stuff is within 5 miles of Waskish. If anyone is having the same problem, call the Beltrami Cty Sheriffs office, no matter how much you lost, there might be a connection to other crimes in the area.

I have over heard some stuff about the cabin break ins, Did this happen three to four weeks ago. Do they have any names at all?

I don't know anything about the break-in's, but am sorry to hear about it. I had about $700 in tackle stole a few years ago and man did it suck. Luckily I was able to get it back.

I just had some students ask around the school and I found out who did it and went from there. I'm not saying it's a youngster (teen) who is stealing all the stuff around there, but it's possible? And the cops...well, I would still be missing my tackle if I waited for them to find it! I took it into my own hands and had my stuff back in a couple days.

I also believe it's a "local" individual doing it, I hope you guys catch who ever is doing this. Good luck.

Talk to you later.

It almost seems like someone is selling this stuff. I know deer antlers are worth some money, and the tackle is also worth money if it is old stuff. I dont like blaming kids, I know some "adults" that are pretty (Contact Us Please) dumb. I cant say when it happened, not there all the time although the neighbors do what they can to watch the place. What sucks now is the stuff that a person leaves in the cabin that is worth anything is now being takin home everytime we leave.

Meadow Creek, these breakins happened sometime the last week in September, I personally think it happened friday night the 29th, (Homecoming in Kelliher), just my hunch though.

I have a marine business on Kabetogama - north of you guys but not immune to thieves although it's rare that something gets stolen up here. My business was ripped off the night of 9/14. Lost a '93 25hp Evinrude off a customers boat that was sitting outside. My mistake to leave it out. Then I opened the storage shed. The guy (1 guy, one set of 11.5" footprints) crawled under the main door. Took a customers 15hp Johnson kicker, a GPS and tackle. Went thru 10-15 boats. Left cheaper electronics and never touched a Minn Kota or kicker motor that was locked down.

The same night gas was siphoned from a customers vehicle at a resort and 3 high-end GPS, rods, reels and tackle were stolen from another resort. We assume they are all the same person looking for quick sale items.

Our Sheriff has to come from Virginia, 80 miles south. We have little protection here but this has put the locals on edge and things will be dealt w/ on our own, no doubt. I am installing 6 security cameras, motion lights, etc. Thought about putting some amps to the metal shed but am sure the burglar would sue me if they were injured!

Good luck to you all in securing your properties and possessions. No one wants this type of thing to go on - may have to set up the ol' S & W security system!

Let It Snow

Letitsnow, Good luck on catchin those pukes, lack of respect for another persons property ranks up there with pedifiles, hang'em high I say!!!!!!!

I have 2 words for those who are experiencing cabin break ins... "deer camera".

Put an infra-red deer camera up on the outside of your cabin in a strategic location... snap a couple pics of the low-life scum and turn them into the police. I bet that'd soon end the rash of break-ins! Buy a good digital one so you can hold lot's of pics and you won't need to worry about a flash. Most decent cameras now have less than a 1/2 second wake-up and do not burn through batteries like the old 35mm ones did. Cheap and effective and you get to use the camera at your deer stand later in the fall! heheheh

Good Luck!

Ken

LABS & all,

We have considered the game camera and are looking into it.

There was a theft from a boat 2 nights ago - an older depth finder and the boat was sitting in the guy's yard next to his cabin. Now we know it's someone that's still around - not some disgruntled dock help or someone from out of the area. This is local. And they are grasping for whatever is laying around out there. Drug money?? Regardless, they are making mistakes now and it's just a matter of time before we catch them. There are only about 50 residents on the lake from October to April and the neighborhood "watch" is on the look-out!

Yes, I would love to hang 'em high! It's one thing to steal MY possessions but this was all customer stuff....we have a responsibility to our customers and I don't need them losing faith in me. I have contacted them all and they have been MORE than understanding, which is great.

If anyone happens to see or hear of someone selling tackle, rods and reels, GPS depth finders and the occasional small outboard, I would appreciate a post either here or on the Kabetogama forum.

NEW SECURITY SIGN READS "THIEVES WILL BE SHOT. SURVIVORS WILL BE SHOT AGAIN."

Let It Snow