Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Minnesota Fishing Report Clubs - ONLY 20 FREE MEMBERSHIPS Per Area - Join Today - FREE   03/08/2018

Fishing Minnesota has added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. Initially we are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20 members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want see detailed fishing reports/tips  around your area and will share your detailed fishing report as soon as you join, then Join Now! Some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Its time to finally get rid of my high school sweetheart. Its not in the best shape but a good project car for the right person. No motor but I have the B&M transmission and few other parts including a set of Spider mags. I'm asking $1500 and must stay firm.

181359.jpg Kevin

We will be in St.Peter this weekend for a wedding, and I am wondering if you will be around on Friday afternoon? I would like to come look at it.

I'm pretty sure the car has been sold. I'll know for sure by sat night.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• grundy
      If you have a smartphone you can download the OnX  hunting app. Gives all landowner names and land boundries. Also gives all state land, wildlife refuges etc. There is also a Navonics  app for downloading to a smartphone. It gives all the lake contours for fishing. These apps cost a little but you don't need to buy a gps or a chip for the gps. A lot cheaper IMO and you don't have to carry around another gadget.
    • PRO-V
      We've used it on a 19' ProV side by side with our friends Ranger. It holds the Ranger way better since it is a bit heavier, sits lower in the water catching less wind. Same model motors.
    • leech~~
      Cliff, where did you get that and what was the cost? That would come in pretty handy for hunting spots and talking with land owners.
    • Borch
      I love a box call for windy days but like Chris said rack call h as it's place.  Even changing strikers can make a difference.
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      I bought the Garmin hunt/view map for my hand held GPS. It shows the property lines and property owners. It seems to be fairly accurate in the areas that I have used it on. You will have to check to see what area you will need to get it for. Personally, I paid the $700 to have one of my property corner pins surveyed. You then have a legitimate and legal starting point to start from.  Cliff
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Del, From what I understand the hook is the upgrade from the Elite series. (which I also have and like). The Triple Shot has side scan added though. Not sure how useful that will be on Vermilion but some of the guides say they like it. Cliff
    • pikeandchester
      Bought it from the county at auction. tax forfeited. The reference markers are what I'm trying to figure out.  The GIS map gives clear property boundaries of the whole development which is little more than gravel roads and woods. To be clear I figured this would be an issue when I purchased it but for the price I paid for the property even if I have to pay for the survey it will be worth it. Just trying to save a buck 
    • delcecchi
      Normally the surveyors put in metal stakes so borrowing or renting a metal detector might work.    If you have any neighboring property owners they might have information about the location of markers on the corners.  Or you can measure from their markers to find where yours are supposed to be.    The abstract of title gives a legal description that might be helpful depending on where the markers for reference are.   But my question is, you bought this without any clear survey or definition of where the property boundaries actually are?   Isn't that sort of taking a chance?   What does the guy who sold it to you have to say about where the corners are?   
    • pikeandchester
      Bought a small piece of land (60'x135') on the west side of Mille Lacs , Mille Lacs county Katio township, last fall. Just want to punch in a driveway and use it for a campsite on the weekends. County GIS mapping shows great footage marking for both individual properties as well as corner to corner streets but I have no idea how to find the points where the footage starts.  I highly doubt the property has pins at the corners, it is not developed in any way . I called the county land services and they told me the area was surveyed back in the 1960s so they can't help. Got estimates to have it surveyed between $700 to $1700, may have to go that route but would rather buy a new fish finder!  have been reading on line but not sure i'm getting anywhere. Anybody think I would find pins with a metal detector? or any suggested reading about surveying ? On a side note, sure am looking forward to fishing a new area this summer!   
    • monstermoose78
      Ok thanks