• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Score this buck and i'll take you hunting for 2 days any season

tjm

shooter.jpg

Who ever comes the closest.This bucks an 8 point main frame with a good kicker off the G2.I'll post a copy of the green gross score from the taxidermist

Winner gets a 2 day hunt any season this year or next.You bring food money i'll cover the rest.All you need is your hunting gear.Bow hunt/Gun hunt or muzzy hunt you pick the days i'll make sure you get to atleast see a couple 140 class bucks or bigger.If you let me pick the days and season i'll make sure you get a shot at 1 of that size

Deadline is October 6th 11:59pm 2006

Extreme your off limits since you have a good idea what it scores already.Plus your welcome any time see ya again in a couple weeks

Sorry the 3B season is not included being my all season lic wont work and i cant assist you at all.This hunts in southern half of Mn no riffles

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tjm

• harvey lee

• lawdog

• B mac

Top Posters In This Topic

I am taking a stab here since I have never measured a buck in my life but I am pretty lucky. My vote is 178.

TJM shot the buck on Friday morning. I would not vote until he gives us some pictures. He said he is working on that part of it. Ya the lucky ***%$#@ called me on Friday to give me the bad news. That buck had my name written all over it. I told him that there is no reason for me to come down there later this month because this buck is now gone confused.gif. Anyway, having seen this buck personally...you guys are all estimating a little low...

Estimates are low Extreme???

This is an 8 pt. I cant believe these are low estimates. No way. Anxious to see the numbers regardless.

nice deer!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'll take a stab at 205 5/8 hope i get another shot at the one i missed last year up north.

great job and a really nice deer.

pheasant!

Oh kay not that high. I would rather take a guess of around 180 gross. It does have some sticker points that will deduct from the score...but with some mass and 30 inch beams....it is a toad. By the way; to put this in perspective I think there are only 5-6 bucks of 8 points that have made B&C. I don't think this one will because of some deductions...but you can see that it is truly world-class.

182 1/2

What if 2 people have the same numbers?

1st come or tie breaker draw?

Yes i shot this buck friday morning.Same area we set a stand up for extreme and his friend.We were realy close back then he was walking on the other side of the creek and was just plain azz lucky cause it was only another 20 yards from that stand where i had 1st seen him come out friday morning.My guess was he's been there this whole time i just never walked over there to look for his tracks.I put up a stand at a creek crossing cause i saw lots of deer tracks actualy walking the creek for about 200 yards.1 set looked very big but then again it was in the water.Thats why the other guys did not come sit this area.They all went several miles away in hopes to see another big boy.Wrong it was his tracks and he walked straight at me.You can read the artical in nov i'll post where it will be at once everythings said and done

Before opening day i sent a few pics to a hunting show this buck being 1 of them.I had asked if i video tape this deer getting shot with a bow will you air the clip.The reply was big bucks dont get that big for bow hunters to shoot good luck and thank you for the offer.I just sent an e-mail back with the same pic i sent before saying those big bucks do get shot by bow hunters i'll cut and paste the link in Nov.I never asked for a dime i just think bucks like this 1 need to be shown off.My best guess is this bucks going to be at the Owatonna Cabela store for a few years anyways.No i'm not selling it just letting the hunters see the deer.For those of you that been to this store and seen the buck display in front this buck will fit right in with the big 12 full mount that spins.Taller tines wider spread more mass just a few tines short of that 1.We took the whole hide feet attached just removed the body for a full mount(I hope)

Extreme

It only will get better.Big boys will start to show up more and more by the time you arrive.Beans are getting picked very fast around this area.A few corn fields as well.trav will be along too.Only way i can still hunt bucks we have the agreement we hunt to the end together.The rules are for the tagless is the next ones gotta be bigger or it walks.Slim chance but atleast i have 1.Looks like i'll be planning a trip a couple states south.Were all headed out again on thursday afternoon weather permitting.If the winds switch back to the NW were going after bigboy(probly the only when left i can use a tag on)Lots of locals try'n to get in here at the moment

Here's a funny story that happend Sat afternoon.My hunting friend(Trav) was with the farmer that owns the land where bigboy has been hiding out in.Now the farmers truck and Travs truck are identical.Same color same year a SUV slams the breaks on in the middle of the road.A guy jumps out walks over to the passenger side of the truck and says what the heck are you guys doing around here so much.The last month this trucks been here at all hours of the day.Sitting on the side of the road parked over here driving by all day long guys walking all over the fields.You know those crops are what make us money stay the heck outa the field.He's prety much screaming into the farmers ear.Farmer opens the door up gets out and says well how much do you think we have trashed in this field do we owe you any money for damage i'll write you a check out right now(Keep in mind this field well 8,500 acres is the farmers land asking the other guy how much he owes him.This guy says well what do you think you owe me.I have farmed for many years and guys like you wreck thousands of dollars every year.The farmer we hunt at says well look.Who runs this land(I DO)You stopped us almost making us run off the road.You acuse us of doing nothing wrong yet you lose money on land thats not yours.You live right down the road and your son has been on private property and not asking me for several years.Now i suggest you get in that truck drive away go home and worry about the 20 acres you have around the house i'm sure it needs to be mowed.If this ever happens again you wont like the outcome.Guy gets back in his truck does about 80mph in reverse backs in his driveway and when those 2 drove by he was beating on the side of his truck with his fists.Now talk about sticking a foot in your mouth.Thats what i call perfect timming