Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BIG ISLAND DUDE

Whats working now on Kab

4 posts in this topic

I will be coming up to kab in the middle of the week this week and I am wondering what is working now for walleyes, smallies, pike. this will be my first time up to kab, I am going with my buddy who fishes there in the spring, so we will know the lake pretty well, but I dont think he has ever been there in the fall.

What presentations are working best? what depths do fish seam to be at? Any tips or recent reports would be greatly appreciated. We'll be coming up after this warm air has moved out, Thurs/fri.

Bid Island,

The fall on Kab is just about as close to perfection as one can get. I will also be up there Thursday threw Sunday and staying at Alan's place, Moosehorn, near Echo Island. For me, Jigs tipped with minnows are the ticket right now but how you work the jig is up to the school of fish your on and how deep your fishing. As you can tell I target Eye's.. If you find yourself in a group of non-slot fish try the Martin's for some Sauger so you can atleast have a meal!

I run a Blue and White Ranger Reatta with a Opti on the back, there will be three of us on this trip, so if you see us on the water come on over and say hi. Because the CP isnt coming this go around , we'll be over at Scott and Julies place for Dinner, The Rocky Ledge. Good food and always a very tall tail of HUGE Winter Crappies wink.gif.

Let me know of the rig you guys are in and I'll keep an eye out.

Carmon

Fishing-Around,

We will actually be staying at my place on big island lake south of bigfork, its a kinda of a long drive(2 hours), but we want to try something different then the usual bass/pike lakes that we have around here. And since my buddy knows kab we figure we'll give it a shot. Well be checking the forcast for either thursday or friday, whichever day is supposed to be nicer is the day we will come. We will be in a newer black lund with a newer 50hp merc (tiller). thanks for the info and maybe well see ya.

Well, I went up there for my first time yesterday, what a pretty lake. WOW! we caught 6 walleyes, 16", 18", 18", 20",23", 23". They were all caught in 5'-8' of water we tried deep but couldnt buy a bite. we also caught 20 northerns nothing huge though.