• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Twins win the division.

mechanictim

Wow 12 down, come back and win the central. Just watched the Tigers lose to the Royals while the Twins watched at the Dome. Cool.

Detroit and Chicago have to be as low as the Twins are high.

Silva did his job today.

Harvey,

I can see the Detroit part of your post but why the Chicago. Our ship sailed two weeks ago. Most of the team had cashed it in ten games ago. Why would you think we are low now. We got ours last year, good luck getting your this year. Windy

We got ours last year. We got ours last year. We got ours last year. We got ours last year. We got ours last year. We got ours last year. We all know that!

How can the Sox not be disappointed? They under achieved once again.

Well said fisherman,talk about a huge choke.I would rather have a fresh Mauer than a tired hitting champion.If the Twins would have had the Our ship sailed two weeks ago attitude,they would not be where they are today.Maybe the Soxs need to take a better look at themselves.

Quote:

Our ship sailed two weeks ago. Most of the team had cashed it in ten games ago.

Hence why they didn't make the playoffs. Hence why the Twins did. The Twins NEVER gave up, even back in June. Any team with self respect and dignity would not give up just because they didn't make the playoffs. You didn't see the Royals give up now did you? Even with 100 losses they still played their hearts out and swept the Tigers.

The royals are definetly the best of the worst. Even with all there inexperienced and overrated, overaged players they won some big games this year, Tigers, redsox, yankees, twins............. Wait... What am i talling about! none of that matters any more. WE WON THE CENTRAL.

GO TWINS!

Windy,

when the TWins lost Liriano on the 7th Aug and Radke a few weeks later,,, your ship should of sailed into port on a stiff tailwind being ahead 8+ in the WC. INstead you were sunk by the combo of Garza,Baker,Silva,Bonser; that's equal to a firecracker sinking a U-Boat.

Your ship sunk with your captian's call to his mates in time of stress agst the PIRANHAS!!!!,, and once you went under, the PIRANHAS ate you alive!!!!!,,, and the TIGERS.

Hey Fisherman, didn't you say that the Sox underacheived last year? And you guys have been to the playoffs 4 of the last 5 years and couldn't even make it to the World Series? Talk about underacheiving!!!!

All you guys keep talkin smack about the Sox.....why? We're still the defending champs until somebody wins it this year.

And until somebody wins it, WE ARE THE CHAMPION, MY FRIEND!!!

And keep talkin smack..........all the Twins have done was won the division. You guys almost got swept by the White Sox minor league system this past weekend.

And don't be too cocky..........excluding divisional foes, you guys have only won 2 series since the all star break against .500 teams.

good point's. What a way to end the weekend. The Viking's lose and the Twins win the division couldn't ask for anything better...

Commanche...how can you honestly say that the White Sox have not under achieved this year???? Are their any really positive things you can say about how your team did this year. I personally cant come up with any. But the Twins on the other hand i could go on and on about how about this "dream" season they have had this year!

One thing that gives me the utmost gratification is how all Illinois boys all season long were rubbing in how good the your team was and how you are the World Champions.....and If the Twins dont even win one play off game...be rest assured i am that i will be happier than all get up that we played 3 more games this year the the Chicago White Sox! From World Champions one year to not even making the playofss the next....how is that not : confused.gifblush.gifgrin.gifcool.gif( confused.gifunderachieving?? confused.gif

attended saturdays game and sundays game.

All I can say is WOW!!! what a great time.

Went to media day before saturdays game, got to meat Paul Molitor, Terry Ryan and John Gordon.

Sundays game was just a rush the whole day. You just knew something magical was going to happen. Stayed and cheered and it seemed like only a handful of people left. It was awesome how everyone stayed. And then watching the team run out on to the field after the clinch. GOOD TIMES!!!!

I recorded a video on my digital camera that I will try to upload later for all to see.

My wife and I was there Sun. and it was AWESOME!! What a great day. The Puckett video was enough to choke one up. But it was great to see our small market team come running out from the dugout and Hi-5 the crowd and cheer the fans!! Bring on the A's

I was watching the game on FSN. Right smack dab in the middle of the post game show they go to bowling. BOWLING for cripes sake. The Twins are about to win the division and they start covering BOWLING!!!!!

I like bowling as much as the next guy but I wanted to see the outcome of the Detroit game and the following celebration. Guess that's what I get for living 3 miles from the middle of nowhere.

I was in the same boat boilerguy. I thought one of the kids had grabbed the remote. Not one channel was broadcasting anything about the out come of Detroit and our new second team KC. I had to go in the garage and listen to it on the radio. Way to go Twins!!!!!!!!

Quote:

didn't you say that the Sox underacheived last year? And you guys have been to the playoffs 4 of the last 5 years and couldn't even make it to the World Series? Talk about underacheiving!!!!

all the Twins have done was won the division. And don't be too cocky..........excluding divisional foes, you guys have only won 2 series since the all star break against .500 teams.

Guess what Leroy, the Central is the best division and we play them a ton more than the other teams so what you said holds no water.

4 out of 5 years eh? I wouldn't call that underachieving, I would call that utter domination. Your one good season was last year and it is over. Welcome back to your rightful place in the division: 3rd - behind the Twins and playing golf in October!!!!! grin.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

We're still the defending champs until somebody wins it this year.

And don't be too cocky..........excluding divisional foes, you guys have only won 2 series since the all star break against .500 teams.

Whatever makes you feel better! Keep livin' in the past.

As to your remark only two series wins vs teams with a better then a .500 record. Might have something to do with an unabalanced schedule. The only series we lost was in NY. I did remember beating the Sox a bunch of times when it counted. The sweep in Chicago was so sweet.

I agree... Commanche is spewing out sour grapes. be real, live in the "Now" and tell us how you feel about the 2006 ChiSox and how two superior teams outplayed them.... to be more specific, how one team owned them all year and how the other punked them the last month of the year. Was it the horrible pitching? The lack of timely hitting? Ozzie?? Hawk opening up his mouth and spewing garbage? So many choices and I'm certain you've got to have a reason for the demise of the 2006 Sox. I gave your team credit last year for it's great season, but that was LAST year and really think we are about 11 months past that achievement right? They are officially out of the opportunity to defend, therefore roll over and be a big person and give props were props are deserved... or not.

Quote:

Hey Fisherman, didn't you say that the Sox underacheived last year? And you guys have been to the playoffs 4 of the last 5 years and couldn't even make it to the World Series? Talk about underacheiving!!!!

All you guys keep talkin smack about the Sox.....why? We're still the defending champs until somebody wins it this year.

And keep talkin smack..........all the Twins have done was won the division. You guys almost got swept by the White Sox minor league system this past weekend.

Do you want some cheese with that wine!!!!!!!

Brian

Buzzsaw is right on! The Sox didn't make the playoffs, therefore are no longer defending champs. You no longer can defend something you don't have....and that is an opportunity to play for the championship! Defending champs? Not anymore....PRETENDING CHAMPS is more like it!

Sit up, put your head up, look at the crowd and take the criticisms like a man.

Does anyone plan on going to any of the games?? I just bought 2 tickets for game 2 on the internet for $51/pair. Sec 208 row 2 cant beat that.

Trying to get tickets now. Where did you get your tickets? I will not go unless I have premium seats. I'd rather watch it on TV then sit a mile away from the field. A perfect time to have tues & wed off. smile.gif

I spent 2 hours on two phone lines and three computers trying to get tickets when they went on sale. I opted for the cheap seats (it gets expensive for four of us) and am in the rafters (section 237) but I'm not complaining. It's fun at the Dome and the kids will love having the afternoon off. I'm glad I still have vacation days left !

ebay, never had any problems with getting them off that site and the people you get them from respond right away. I just didnt want to waste my time with the scalpers down by the dome, I can just imagine how much they will be asking the day of the game.

Quote:

Yes, but you are out of the running in that defense of the crown. That statement only meant something when you were in the race.

Quote:

I think I saw Luis Rodriquez, Alexi Cassilla, Lew Ford, amongst others get significant playing time also. Who didn't play their September call ups this weekend?

Quote:

Yes, but you forgot to mention that we only had a total of 4 series against .500+ teams after the break. Sounds not so bad that way. We were 14-8 after the break against the Sox and the Tigers (.636), which are really the ones that mattered. Also, we played about .645 since the break and were at .571 against .500+ teams since the break. I think we can feel pretty good about our squads 2nd half performance. Best in baseball if I am not mistaken.