Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bassman

Hunting hours

9 posts in this topic

I was wondering if the shooting times are from 9-4 till next friday, or if it is only today which is the 30Th. I looked in the regulations and I was kind of confused. Any info would be appreciated Thanks.

Its only 9-4 on the first day. For the rest of the week tell friday its a half hour before sunrise to 4pm.

Why do they start at 9:00am on opener?

Not only to give the ducks a fighting chance but to try too keep the duck hunters from shooting each other early in the morning...just a joke....If they opened it at sunrise on opening day the number of ducks that would be killed would be alot....and the people down south would get pissed...

Since the DNR website is down....what date can you start to hunt evenings?

oct 7th

Do alot of people hunt in the evening?

I've tried it, hunting can be good, but is it seems like the ducks flood in AFTER legal shooting light. Awfully tempting...

I hunt in the evening quite a bit every year. If you are in the right spot it can be just almost as good as a morning hunt. I prefer it sometimes because your not fumbling around in the dark, tripping over everything on the walk out, setting up decoys wondering how they will actually look once the sun comes up, ect.