Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
fishhawk1750

Pelican lake St. Michael/Monticello area

fishhawk1750    0
fishhawk1750

Driving to the in-laws tonight my daughter and I stopped just off of HWY 25 and 117 to watch thousands of mallards drop into a chisel field that had a small pond. Now I am pumped up!! Those of you that are hunting the north east side should have fun

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Capt. Quicksteel
      Have a great retirement Ace. Really glad to hear you'll still stay on the forum!!  
    • SkunkedAgain
      When CigarGuy first showed up on these forums, I stopped by and introduced myself but I think that he was either on his dock or just hopping into the boat. I haven't visually seen him in a few years, but I did see the Mrs. Cigar Guy and another assembling a sitting bench earlier this summer! Some day I'll stop by to share a cocktail.   As for the people boating in close, here are my two Vermilion observations: 1) There are known spots on Vermilion. People go to those whether there are zero boats or ten boats there. If I am on a known spot, I don't get upset when others show up and fish close. If I am working a non-typical spot and others show up because they see you catch a fish, I do get a bit testy as well. 2) Navigation channels tend to hold fish, attracting boats that are fishing and boats that are moving. As a fisherman, I accept that people are going to boat close by in established navigation paths. I do get upset when people go through tight areas on plane or even just below it. I always try to follow a no-wake policy when going through tight areas such as Fectos or others. Our place is in Black Bay and the pinch between Black Bay and the Partridge River typically has boats. I'll come off plane and go nice and slow past boats. Treat others as you want to be treated. Preaching to the choir....I know
    • rundrave
      move back to SD and then buy the boat You dont need to drop $50k on a new boat just to enjoy the water. I have just as much fun fishing about of a super old $500 aluminum boat with a trolling motor as I do fishing in a fully decked out Ranger. There are of course pros and cons to each but you can fish out of both and that's all that matters. And nothing is better than getting away from shore fishing it just opens up so many more opportunities to catch fish.
    • SkunkedAgain
      TJ Hooker. Was Heather Thomas in that one? Ahhh, I looked it up and realized it was Heather Locklear. Heather Thomas was on The Fall Guy. I liked that show better even though it didn't have Captain Kirk. What were we talking about? The Landing?
    • SkunkedAgain
      Enjoy retirement Ace. You've contributed a lot of great information to this forum over the years. Hopefully retirement means that you get to do more of the stuff you want instead of the things that you need to do! Thanks! Skunked Again
    • Rick
      The city of Grand Rapids will hold its fifth special deer hunt this fall in an attempt to further reduce deer numbers within the city limits. The hunt is open to archery, firearms and muzzleloader hunters during the regular season dates for those hunts. In order to participate in the hunt, a hunter must purchase a regular license for the type of hunt they want to participate in through the DNR’s electronic licensing system (ELS), and then may purchase up to four bonus permits through the ELS to take additional antlerless deer. The city hunt limit is five deer and hunters may take only one antlered buck. Muzzleloader and firearms hunters will have to apply for their special hunt permit through the ELS by Thursday, Sept. 7. Special hunt numbers are 931 for firearms, and 946 for muzzleloader. Firearms or muzzleloader hunters who want to hunt in a lottery area and participate in the Grand Rapids special hunt must make a choice whether to apply for an antlerless permit or participate in the special hunt; they cannot apply for both. Special hunt permits for the archery season hunt can be obtained at the Grand Rapids Police Department at any time. After buying an archery hunting license, hunters will be issued a permit to possess up to four bonus tags, which they can buy through the ELS. Deer taken in the special hunt must be registered under the special hunt numbers (995 for archery, 931 for firearms, and 946 for muzzleloader) and not the larger permit area 179. A deer taken outside of the city hunt boundary cannot be registered under the city hunt number. Most of the land in the allowed hunting areas is privately owned. Hunters must get permission directly from private landowners to hunt or cross private land. A map depicting allowed hunting areas is available on the city of Grand Rapids website at www.cityofgrandrapidsmn.com under the map tab. Itasca County plat books and online public records can help prospective hunters identify landowners in order to seek permission to hunt. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • Rick
      The Kadunce River State Wayside on Minnesota State Highway 61 north of Grand Marais, Minnesota will be partially closed for three to four weeks beginning in mid-August while a habitat improvement project takes place in Kadunce Creek. During the construction, visitors may still park at the site and use the picnic tables, but the access spur to the Superior Hiking Trail will be closed and visitors are asked to avoid the construction area. Persons wanting to access the Superior Hiking Trail can do so at the access point at County Road 14; about two miles northeast of the Kadunce River. The project involves restoring, maintaining and updating habitat improvements installed in the lower 0.3 miles of the stream. Work will maintain high-quality habitat for juvenile steelhead and resident brook trout, and maintain fishing opportunities and sites for anglers using the stream during the open-water months. The habitat work is funded by the Lessard-Sams Outdoor Heritage Fund, and is being led by Trout Unlimited with technical assistance and design support by DNR Fisheries. The Kadunce River State Wayside is one of five state waysides along the North Shore that are managed by the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR). These waysides are generally parcels of land too small to be full-fledged state parks, but with cultural or natural resources that exceed most highway waysides and rest areas. Questions about the Kadunce River State Wayside project can be directed to Christa Maxwell at the DNR’s Two Harbors area parks and trails office at 218-834-1429. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • monstermoose78
      Still out working Finn most days, because being laid off I have a little more time for it. Seeing it is warm I keep the sessions short. Finn is been dropping the dummies on my feet just as I want him to do. I can't wait for hunting season as I know Finn as excited as I am.
    • delcecchi
      See you next year, we are pulling out this week and it sounds like you were only up for the weekend.   Sorry I didn't quite have the nerve to climb the steps and introduce myself.   I guess I am not big on just showing up at the door. 
    • Surface Tension
      Lester River-McQuade area.   Last time out we found bait and Lake Trout 100-120'  taken off downriggers and stacked lines over 145-175' of water.  That can change day to day so keep an eye on the sonar.   Silver Flasher w/Fly, Water Mellon, Monkey Puke, Silver w/green/blue crushed ice spoons working well for us.  Last 2 times out were during midday and bright skies trolling around 2 MPH.   If you put in at Rice's Point bring rubber boots and watch your step as the beginning of the dock is under water.