Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
islander

Hi from florida

6 posts in this topic

Hi to all my friends at FM. I'm living in florida now and loving it. The fishing is great and so is the weather. No walleyes down here but the bass are great. I've fished the coast a few times and will be back for more, I've cought tarpin over 100lbs. and sharks 200 to 300lbs. It's a hole new worold of fishing for me, and I'm loving it. Ya all take care now.

Islander wink.gif

Hey, I heard you moved South! What are your plans with your place on the Island? We took Haatsie's pontoon out yesterday and it was pretty nice out. I just got back from the lake (noon) and it's calm out there with the lake looking like it's glassed over with ice. Pretty warm for Oct. 2nd. (upper 70's to lower 80's). Had a couple people stop in last night and they "spanked em" pretty good!! My neighbor let a 31.5 go a couple weeks ago. Take care and check in on us here at FM! cool.gif

cubed, sorry it took so long to respond. We took a drive down to the kees sunday and my truck broke down, It took four days to get a fuel pump. We sat on the beach drinking beer and fishing. Kee Largo is a good place to be stranded.

As for your question, I plan on keeping the cabin for a while. My brother and freinds are taking care of the place.

Yup, Key Largo is alright. I did some snorkling there many years ago in what I think was a State Park area? Wish I could go back in time and do that all over again and then stay there! Enjoy the weather as we are expecting some rain/snow on Wed. crazy.gif Later!

Islander, where are you living, near Orlando, Miami? I honeymooned at South shore resort, Captiva island. I would go back in a minute. Thinking when it comes time to retire or close to. Spend the winters(mid Nov.-Mar.)there, the rest here. Would like to check out hunting there or travel to Texas.

cubed, John Pennekamp state park is the place we camped while we were stranded, great diving and snorkeling on the corel reef and meny ship wrecks. We plan on going back for some more diveing.

Jim, we live in Sebring (about 100 miles south of Orlando). It's a small town, quiet part of the state, mostly farm land and lakes. I havn't been here long but I love it so far.

Islander

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• monstermoose78

Posted

8 hours ago, ZachD said:

if you ever need another shooter let me know I would be down to shoot with you

I am always up for bringing someone else with

• RoosterMan

Posted

Drove to Ely yesterday and there were some pockets of great color. I would definitely think next weekend would be worth the trip. 

1 person likes this
    • Cliff Wagenbach

Posted

I would say that we are about 1/4 into fall colors in this area.

Cliff

• How are things progressing friends as far as Fall colors? Thinking of coming up the week

Thanks

• Stick in Mud

Posted

We've done OK out there this year. Nothing special, but better for us than last year. 

Last time out, we found piles of fish in 60-70 feet. Caught a few, couldn't release them, and stopped fishing them.  Got a couple jig rapping shallower, got a few trolling, and got a few on spinners.  No one pattern got skunked, but nothing stood out, either.

• Stick in Mud

Posted

Sorry for the late response....I suspect not many folks are building skid houses these days. :)

Our houses have steel skids.  One had wood, but we changed them out. 

• if you ever need another shooter let me know I would be down to shoot with you

1 person likes this
    • FrazerBay

Posted

Like the food and like the menu. Like the fact there are places to eat on the lake and will continue to support them.

1 person likes this
    • delcecchi

Posted

Thanks, cigar guy.   Might check into it next year.  Or maybe not.   They always used to have some expensive entrees but we just ignored them.   

Even 12 for a burger is sort of high for the area, but the view is worth something.   Probably stay with the Crescent.   I don't see how there are enough tourists for the landing to make it. 

• jigginjim

Posted

I have put my guide clients on lots of pike this summer. So far largest bass is 21"- 5lbs  Pike 36" Approx. 8-9lbs, Walleye is 23 inches 3lbs. The walleyes will get better as the water cools. Time to start jigging, everything you got. I'm even started using my crankbaits.

• monstermoose78
      I am always up for bringing someone else with
    • RoosterMan
      Drove to Ely yesterday and there were some pockets of great color. I would definitely think next weekend would be worth the trip. 
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      I would say that we are about 1/4 into fall colors in this area. Cliff
    • PSU
      How are things progressing friends as far as Fall colors? Thinking of coming up the week Thanks  
    • Stick in Mud
      We've done OK out there this year. Nothing special, but better for us than last year.  Last time out, we found piles of fish in 60-70 feet. Caught a few, couldn't release them, and stopped fishing them.  Got a couple jig rapping shallower, got a few trolling, and got a few on spinners.  No one pattern got skunked, but nothing stood out, either.