Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wallayewolloper

big pine 10/5-10/9

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys,heading up to big pine for a few days.Never fish it in the fall. Any pointers would be great. Good luck to you all. The bite should be getting stated.

It looks like you are not getting too many RE's.

Well, I will be out on Big Pine this coming weekend too. 2 of my friends from down south in Mn come up and we fish BP every Oct for the past oh, I don't know how many years, 10 or better anyway.

Many people on this board talk about pulling cranks out on BP. We, on the other hand have had real good luck jigging, and many times in the deeper water, very seldom less than 17 or 18 feet. You will want to get shiners or fatheads, whatever they have at the sport shop in Perham. Try to get your line as vertical as possible, very little movement is needed.Tiny little bouncing action right on the bottom. I am sure you will pick up many just over the 18" limit, you will get a few eaters too.

We have always stayed at Whispering Pines, and usually the only ones out there this time of year. If you ask me it is the best fishing ever. The colors, the sky, the quiet. It just does not get any better.

We (3 of us) will be in a Lund 1700 Fisherman black and gray w/a 115 Yami 4 stroke. Say hi if you see us.

Have fun

Brian, are you still wrenchin on your own? If so, I have something for you, please call! 218 234 6585

Hey 98prosport,

Thanks for the reply. We are also staying at whispering pines. We will be up tomarrow about 11:00am. Can't wait to wet a line.We should run into each other. Maybe a cold one or two.The bite should be good.

Later

Hey Brian , long time !! Give me a call sometime !

Steve

SHOOT ME SOME MAIL

ROCKETMANATARVIGDOTNET

Hey, believe what 98ProSport is telling ya. They've got that fall pattern figured out on BR (kicked our tails a couple years ago).. We're actually taking off shortly for Big Pine as well staying until Tuesday, but we at Sunset Beach this year. See ya on the water!! If you see a blue Lund 1800 Fisherman with 135 Optimax give us a wave...

Last weekend Big Pine was slow for walleyes for us, but we did good on other lakes. Good luck

Well, we were on Big Pine Friday afternoon thru Monday. Fishing wasn't fast and furious for us by any means but we picked some fish (probably around 50/50 between "keeper size" and those over the 18" slot) including a pair of bookend 25.5 inchers on Sunday morning. Mostly working weed edges on fairly steep drop-offs. Things really went dead for us on Monday when it cooled down the the lake went flat..

All and all a great final trip of the year for Dad and I..