Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rodmaker

Good luck this weekend!!!!

12 posts in this topic

Good luck to everyone this week. I cannot get out. Hope to read alot of good reports Mon. smile.gif

I'll let you know how the crappies are bitting, i got an ace up my sleve this weekend. wink.gif

im taking a neighbor couple up tomorrow. they have never experienced walleye fishing on mille lacs. then again, they havent experienced walleye fishing anywhere...haha. we'll put in at eddy's and fish the day. im hoping to scout/log some good trails for night trolling next friday. you never know, we might catch something too. ill write a report tomorrow night or sunday.

regards,

minnesotatuff

Not much of a report but I got out last night, it was slow. Two smaller eyes on Indian Point, got one on a lindy and leech in 12' the other on a crank in 6'. Hit SBK Bay inside & outside weedline but nothing going. Lighting was moving in from the north so I bailed around 9 pm.

We were out last night and fished the west side. Some of the launches were very shallow, but Terry's boat harbor is in nice shape and deep all the way out, so we put in there. We started by checking out the the weed lines on the whole west and north sides, and they seem to be at about the same depths as last year, and most were still standing pretty high. We checked out Knox point to see if we could mark any fish, and didn't see much at all.

We actually started fishing in Sha Bush Kong(sp), on the outside of the weed line with #7 Deep Shad Raps about 80 feet back in 12-15ft. of water. We picked up 2 nice eyes, 16 and 18 inchers. That was before sundown. After sundown we continued on the outside of the weedline, using stickbaits, both Huskies, and Rogues..nothing. About 8:30 we switched up and went to the inside of the weedline, pulled shallow #7 Shad Raps. We started picking fish in 3-5ft. of water. Fire Tiger seemed to be the best color. We ended the night(morning) at about 2:30 AM with a total of 9 eyes, 23 inches being the largest, and a nice 30 inch snot rocket. All in all, the night was great, a little rain, nothing heavy, no wind, and the temps were comfortable. It is only going to get better from now until freeze-up.

Good luck guys and gals.

Joe,

Thanks for the great report. I will be up there Monday night fishing almost that exact same area. Do you happen to remember what the water temp was?

When we started it was 55.8, by the end of the night it was down to 55.0

Good luck on your trip, let us know how things go. I will not be back until next Saturday, and hope things improve.

Thanks and welcome to FM. Great to see you posting here laugh.gif

got back on saturday night about 10, quit fishing at 7:45. started fishing in front of eddys in 17fow about 10. got 1 keeper right away on a spinner & crawler. trolled down to and around rocky reef until about 2.30. they started hitting leeches on jigs...5 keepers total. went out to indian point and bobber fished in 10fow...3 more keepers, a few missed. i and a neighbor couple had a wonderful day on the lake. indian point was crowded. team crestliner (dont know if thats there name or not, they just had on matching gear) snagged my anchor when they trolled past...got to see what they were using... ;-) the neighbors were thrilled with the trip. it was there first time ever on mille lacs. i couldnt get a temp on the water. my vexlar edge temp was reading 17 degrees F ??? it looks ok marking fish and depth though. the vantage 80 trolling motor messed up too, the first time. it wouldnt go back up after putting it down. i tilted it up for the run to indian point in some 2 ft waves. when i got there i tried putting it up again and it worked...whew!

i bet the people who stayed tonight or who came on for night fishing did really well. eddys was packed with trucks and trailers.

we cleaned 3 right away when we got back and had broiled walleye and corn on the cob at midnight. i cleaned the rest after and am looking forward to a great walleye breakfast.

cant wait for friday night.

regards,

minnesotatuff

Sounds like a he11 of a good trip! smile.gif

Hey MN Stuff - I was on Indian Point as well and also saw your friends with the matching outfits. I can't believe they hooked your anchor. Every time I looked at them, they were snagged on something. We didn't even catch a fish. A couple of soft bites. I only saw one boat catch three fish, which was right by us. Then some guy in a Lund Classic trolled right next to their bobbers in 4 to 6 feet of water and that was the end of that. Some people need to learn some manners. We got out of there right at dark and trolled with no luck. Not our night for fish, but enjoyable none the less. Going back Saturday night.

Hi, this is my first time on here, so hope I'm doing it right. My husband & I were out off & on all weekend. spent alot of time around shermans point. we pulled raps, bobber fished & jigged. Nothing. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. We hear how good the fall bite is so we must be doing something wrong.