• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I spoke too soon CNYTim

genegodawa

Well Tim, I hope I didn't jinx you when I said a little while ago that your 6 game lead would hold up over the Reds.....little did I know it would be the Astros you should be afeard of????????? Maybe I shouldn't have been so defensive back when the WSox were putting the hurt on your guys. Who could have known it would come down to the wire, what with injuries etc.

EDIT NOTE: I just saw this on Fox...guess I'm not the only one who noticed? I never realized there have been worse flops than my '69 Cubbies, but none since I don't think.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6006460

And by the way, the Cubbies still got a shot to evade the cellar.

Geno,

The ole BVD's got to be getting a little tight in the CNY Household, wouldn't you say! Man o Manashevitz! What in the world has happened to the Astros? Wish we could have imported a little of the magic juice to the southside of the Windy, I might have even shared a little to put into the Cubbie Kool-Aid up there in Wiggly-ville. Who woulda thunk the NL would be the race to watch. There are three teams who have been eliminated from the wild card race but can still win the Central, correct? WOW

This should be an interesting weekend of baseball, though it should be mostly over by the time my beloved take the gridiron to defend their unbeaten season! DA BEARS.

CNY Tim, just keep taking deep breaths and repeat after me,

"The sky is blue, the grass is green" Breathe in, breathe out. Wax on, wax off my young grasshopper. By the by, the deal is still on, I will trade you Buehrle for Izzy straight up. Deal? Windy

Quote:

Who woulda thunk the NL would be the race to watch. There are three teams who have been eliminated from the wild card race but can still win the Central, correct? WOW

That is correct Windy. It won't happen, but I believe it is possible for a three way tie at 81-81. Now that is the definition of mediocrity. It doesn't matter who makes it. Their stay in the playoffs will be very brief IMO. But I guess they play the games for a reason.

Let um tank I say so that I don't receive more embarassment after getting swept in the first round of the playoffs. I see more promise in my 0-3 Browns than I do in the Cardinals. Marquis should be shot... Thank God ice fishings around the corner and I don't take sports seriously but these redbirds are cooked in my opinion.