• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Jig /lure making, and fly tying

Is there any interest here in in jig or lure making and/or fly tying? A few members on this site have asked me about making marabou and other stlye jigs, as well as flies for warmwater fish like bass/panfish, pike and walleyes. If there is enough interest we could have a get-together and exchange ideas and jigs/lures/flies as well as have some demonstrations. We could also combine it with a pre-ice season portable modifcation meeting like they had in the metro last weekend. It would be a great way to meet up with old members and connect with new ones as well. We could discuss new strategies for dahitman to conquer his fear of catching walleyes over 10" long wink.gif.

Please post here if you are interested.

anyone else interested besides minneman?

Fisherdog? Scott ND? hitman?

come'on guys.... wink.gif

I'm relatively new, but I'd be game for doing this? Let me know when it's going to be done. It'd be great to meet everyone, hang out, swap stories and tips, "and in the morning, I'm makin' waffles!" (Shrek for those who don't get my reference)

Ron

welcome to Fishing Minnesota flashfisher!

if there's more interest in this we can get a bit more organized, otherwise at this point it's looking pretty casual.

I realize that this is a pretty busy time of the year for most people. Being cooped up inside with all this rain doesn't make matters any better.

I'm interested but probably not for a while. To busy chasing feathered critters, thinking about getting ice stuff going and planning on getting some boat and fly fishing in yet too....WHEWWW.

Anyone know any geese that need shooting in the Hawley/DL area?

• 4 weeks later...

I make all my own jigs and jigflies and I am always interested in learning or passing on some tricks.

The best time for me would be after the 1st of the year or after the Muzzle Loader deer season.

I'd be very interested in making some jigs...just a novice ya know, trying to get knowledge here in the Forum! Still can't believe we are already thinking about ice!

good to finally see some more interest. Maybe after the fall hunts and early ice blitz calms down, we can get something organized....

• 2 weeks later...

Deadhead I would love to get into some jig making. I dont have anything to do it but if you do I would gladly pay for materials. Do you tie your own hair and maribuo jigs? Im looking for some walleye jigs to make for the river.

E-mail me your reply because I dont visit this forum much.