Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
icecold

duck hunting opener

icecold

Doesnt seem to be much talk about opener, isnt no one going or is everybody to busy getting ready.?

corkycard

Boat is full off gas, gun and shells packed. Sounds like it is going to be alittle warm. A bad day of hunting is better than a good day at work.

eyepatrol

Many of the posts you see in this forum are actually about things regarding waterfowl hunting, leading up to the opener. From what I can tell though, those that are waterfowlers will be going out this weekend come rain or shine, as to be expected from true waterfowlers! wink.gif

I myself will be headed out both days for a few hours each day. I actually anticipate getting more geese than ducks, which has been the norm for the past 5 years or better. Regardless, it will be one heck of a good time!

caseymcq

I spent last night and today getting the boat ready. I gave it a bit of a paint job with a stencil and paint kit I bought from Cabela's. It worked pretty slick. I went through all the decoys made sure there was plenty of line and an anchor. I bought rubber cord this year to try it out. I really like it.

I am pretty pumped for Saturday morning.

Here's a pic of the boat from this evening.

duckboatpi6.jpg

USPENAMC

nice,

this will be my first year saturday my first day im so un prepared, dont have any gear but i know for a fact i will have a great time with my father and brother...thats what counts... any action after that is a plus. i dont go out expecting much since i have never used a duck or geese call and will be probably for the first time on saturday, dont have decoys, never even shot at a duck or geese yet. i might take an inflatable boat in case we get lucky. plus we will be on public land with probably lots of pleasure maybe ill learn from the nearby hunters.

we will try to learn and we will be safe and enjoy nature anything past that is a plus

ole matty

hey usp if ur ever around north branch area let me know i wld be glad to take you to duck hunting sometime this year.

Fish&Fowl

We'll be heading to the traditional spot for opener and back to some Canadian grain fields on Sun. for some geese and ducks. Farmer reported about 1000 geese working the field daily, so hopefully we can get some shooting. Got a limit and 2 bands the last time we were up there so I'm pretty optimistic.

Good luck hunting and let's hope the weatherman is wrong for the weekend (at least in northern MN)!

lawdog

EVERYBODY MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR LICENSES AND STAMPS!

I'm getting pumped... Forgot to wear my traditional mallard tie today though, that has me really bummed out!

tearin' lips

Found a spot down here in Duluth that I am going to try Sunday morning. Found it on wednesday and there was between 500-700 mallards using it, along with about 100 or so geese. Got my fingers crossed. grin.gif

Good Luck Everyone!

Eric Wettschreck

Send em our way!!!! grin.gif

kc0myy

This is all I have thinking about. I am been pissing off my girl friend talking about duck hunting. I can't wait!!! I have been talking about this for a month now. Today when I was driving home from school I was jumping up and down in the car. Also why do they have a late start every year on opener??? confused.gif

dustin85

My personal best opener ever! It is such a great feeling to watch ducks locking into your decoys. I am a rookie at calling!... Last year I could almost make something that sounded like poultry getting molested. I actually had ducks coming to my calls today. After last year, I was kinda nervous about my calling. I just need a little more practice :-) I hope it went well for everyone else this morning!

Dustin