• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

If not tonight..Never

Down to Earth

Still only the bottom of the 3rd, so I may be speaking to soon, but the Jays are up 3-0 on the Tigers. Yet another chance maybe to tie things up. Our opportunities are passing us by, as we still need to win out.

Last I saw, the Tigers were losing yesterday. Did they lose? If so, what a lost opportunity that was.

I agree though, whatever opportunities the Twins now have they MUST take advantage of if they are going to win the Central.

Things are looking good as Rogers is not on..The twins will need a good game.

Toronto-6

Detroit-o 4th inning. smile.gif

Eric-Detroit and the Twins lost last night-to bad for the Twins. frown.gif

DTE,

Not that I'm going out on a limb here, but you are correct. If the Twins don't tie tonight, chances are very slim that they'll clinch the central. The door was open wide last night and couldn't capitalize.

But then again, this is major league baseball and weird things happen...

Does anyone care to guess on how Radke will do tonight? My guess is he will give up a couple runs early, then settle down...

Yeah, I saw most of the game. They really missed out on one last night. Nearly came back, but the bats spent too much time on their shoulders in that last inning except for Cuddy.

It's easy to put my finger on that one game and say "what if", but there are many other games throughout the season that I could say "what if" to also. Just hope the Twins are sitting atop the Central when the regular season ends.

Your right there have been many other games, but the easy part about last nights is Silva went back to the Silva before his 3 previous starts and giving up many runs early. Must be something about Redman facing the Twins. Didn't he win 1-0 not too long ago? Not many hits in that game if I'm not mistaken.

Quote:

Your right there have been many other games, but the easy part about last nights is Silva went back to the Silva before his 3 previous starts and giving up many runs early. Must be something about Redman facing the Twins. Didn't he win 1-0 not too long ago? Not many hits in that game if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, that game was only a couple of weeks ago. I think we had something like 3-5 hits the entire game and Redman pitched a complete game shutout. I remember being very disgusted after that game. That is a game that sticks out in my mind as a missed opportunity this season.

Yep, I believe it was 5 hits that game. I remember that I was a little fumigated with a post about that game because he was pitching so dang slow (like batting practice) and the Twins couldn't hit the ball! smirk.gif

Not to harp on Silva, well ok I am. But how about the game which Buerhle gave the Twins 7 runs in the first for a 7-3 lead after 1 inning. Silva on the mound that night and they lost 9-7. I believe he gave up 6 earned runs in less than 3 innings of work.

Bottom line, we need to win out. I thought I read that Silva may be pitching on Sunday. I hope the divison title doesn't come down to that.

If Silva is pitching on Sunday and there's half a chance for the title, he'd better have a rope around his waist so that Gardy can yank him out faster.

if you wanna pick 1 game ,go ahead.. but why not pick the 1st 2 months of the season?? if they played .500 ball then we would be up by 6 games or so... the bad start didnt help a BIT

Don't crown the Yankees yet. Yankees are losing by several. Yankees play Toronto for three, starting Friday. Toronto's a good club. They can win. Yankees, like the Twins and Tigers, are concerned with getting ready for the playoffs as much as they are winning, from what I see.

Other side of the coin - I'd really rather play the Yankees in a five gamer than a seven. Especially if I had Santana going two of the five. Yankees could destroy a pitching staff in seven games.

play the yanks in 5 games or 7??? HEck-- Why play the Yanks if you don't have too?? I'd much rather play DET or OAK, and your nuts if you think otherwise.

1.. we cant play the tigers in the 1st round... 2.. i also would rather play the yankers in a 5 game series as opposed to a 7 game series... the only way i wouldnt mind a 7 game series is if we had home field thruought the playoffs..oakland dont scare me at all and tigers are slumping but yanks are prety hot now