Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Mark Christianson

Some good info on the 2006 deer season

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• sartellangler05
      Be looking at these two general areas. Thanks for heads up on south end.
    • NELS-BELLS
      My son and I fished from 8 - 4 yesterday out of Beacon Harbor.  It was super windy so we couldn't be as mobile.  We caught 6 eyes, all under 17", in about 8' of water and another 10 after we moved out to 11'. Also a few big Perch.  Only 2 fish on dead stick and the rest jigging.  Gold or pink seemed to work the best.  Fun day! Nels
    • Wanderer
      OK thanks.  I haven’t had an issue yet.  I just got low on powder and needed primers so I decided to try the Blackhorn 209 now.  I remembered reading this post. At the C store there were plenty of Triple 7 and Remington 209 primers in the ML supplies @ 9-10 bucks/100.  The shotgun primers were running running low though and I grabbed the last 100 pack.  They’re only 4 bucks/100.  I figured it would be a cheap experiment if nothing else.
    • icepike 1
      Not a hundred percent on the age but it's a Frabill Excursion and both are in brand new condition. Not to worried about the weight of it it won't be more than a handful of times of pulling it out before driving my truck out with it. The price difference between the two is what I was looking at.
    • FirstIce
      Does anyone have any input on the kdrill on a gas auger? I have seen a few people use this setup. Do you need a special adapter to use it?
    • Wanderer
      Are they both the same age?  Equal condition?  Do you hand drag or machine pull?  Weight will matter a lot. You really have to consider how you plan to use the house.  Happiness with the houses performance is the biggest key.   Otherwise it appears to be a trade from a $480 house to a $700 house based on new house prices if I looked at the right Frabil.
    • icepike 1
      It's not thermal. How's frabill's customer service in case you break a poll or something?
    • going4it
      The only problem I had with my frabill was its weight. It was a tank to pull and tough to put in the bed of the truck. 
    • Billy G
      Anyone else think the number of people ice fishing in the last 5 years has grown greatly in our area? To me it has and to me it seems alot harder now to find a spot of your own, or spots that have been pasted down on a lake that there arnt 5 to 50 people trying to fish! Gps doesn't help the cause either, I wonder what the future of ice fishing and the fish/ crappie population is going to look like in the next 5 to 10 years. Last year kinda shocked me to by the number of people out partying out on cedar and even the sound of subs going by in cars on the ice.. like really??! Could see the look of what is wrong with people from dads and familys out with their kids. Sorry about the rant
    • Bass Thumb
      I found exactly the same thing today. It was a steady 5" walking to the fishing spot. 3" of ice on the spot, if that. Cracks everywhere. Water pushing out of holes I had drilled. Not good.