• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I.C,E Events??

Dan Brelje

Yep, all the current dates and locations are listed on the bottom of the www.IceLeaders.com homepage.

This year we will not be having competitions, but rather fun get togethers where we'll have experienced guides taking people out on the body of water for a day of fishing. A lot of our Pro Staff will be at the events and it'll be a more laid back atmosphere full of fun and tips! Basically just a chance to fish an outstanding destination and enjoy a day on the ice with fellow anglers! smile.gif

I hope that I can make it to a couple of ICE events this year. I would love to go out with some guys who could pass on some of their ice fishing IQ. It never ceases to amaze how much people on this site know about fishing and equipment.

Rey- your more than welcome at the events... and many of us prostaff pick up as many tricks as we give away at these events! So we have just as much fun as the rest!

I got a bunch of the events marked off on my calendar already!

I just checked the site and I had no idea a couple of the events were only a couple hours from me. Calendars marked for 3 events for sure!!!

I just wasn't one of the locations that someone was willing to host. Nothing against the destination, as we all know LOW is a phenomenal winter fishery.

However, this doesn't mean we can't have one on LOW. All of these IceLeader events are Get Togethers and are non-competitive, so anyone is open to host an event.

If you want to host an event on LOW let me know and we can set some dates and locations...

YAY!!!! I can make 1 this year!!! It will be GREAT meeting all of you that can go!! matt will you be at Parle??

I'm going to try and make it to as many as I can, but I won't be at all of them. I'll do my best...

mnfishinguy Keep your eyes peeled for a LOW trip on the LOW forum. There will probably be some kind of get together this winter. It will probably be rather informal. I know we did a get together last year in early Dec. There were less people there than I expected to see but those of us that were there had a good time. Ok lets see for me the fun started with a frozen transmission after hitting a slush hole. A broken GPS after thawing out my tranny. A hole in my brand new fish house. Oh well the cost of fun right.

I don't know the reason for sure. But I tell you one thing that the get togethers can be lots of fun without having to have competion involved. Some people will shy away from entering contest but will come to get togethers. I am not sure of their reasoning because I have fun either way. I myself was kind of disappointed that there wasn't a larger turn out last year for the Lake of the Woods contest.

I guess my 2 cents is definitely because of the turn out.

I've been going to all these I.C.E. events for the last 3 years now and it just seamed like less and less people even though the prizes and giveaways were getting better and better. Last year at Lake of the Woods, top 3 prizes were a Marcum flasher, NilsMaster auger, and an Otter ice shack along with all sorts of other great prizes in a random drawing from Todays Tackle, Scenic Tackle, Stone Legacy, Arctic Fisherman, etc, etc. Pretty much everyone walks away with something and thats the way it has been for years now!

Most of us that help out at these events are doing it on a volunteer basis. We love to ice fish, we love talking ice fishing, and we love helping out fellow anglers as well.

We are going to continue to do that but the competition factor will be eliminated. There are a great number of events spread around the state this winter so hopefully there is one that is within a short drive for some anglers to attend.

Quote:

There are a great number of events spread around the state this winter so hopefully there is one that is within a short drive for some anglers to attend.

I for one really appreciate that. I'll be going to 3 events this year!!!!

can someone tell me what it all takes to host one of these things?? i thought about it but dont know if i would meet all the requirements.. any info would be appreciated as i have a GREAT little lake picked out smile.gif

Ok Paul. I listed 2 events that we could have made a ice leaders gathering in the Duluth area. Thats ok though, more fish for us guys up north. grin.gif

Northlander they were waiting for you to confirm dates when we first started talking about dates in July. I know you said it was weather dependant because of early ice.

Thats fine. Im working on dates for our events and when we have them I will post them in the Duluth Forum for all to see. Everyone is welcome as usual. Hope to see some of our staff there as well.

Sounds fun Lander!!!- Please post it in this forum as well as I dont normally read the Duluth forum..

Thanks!

Looks like you need to start visiting the Duluth Forum now Dietz. Its the one with all the traffic. wink.gif

Ill let everyone know asap.

We are going to make the Parle event on Saturday,Jan.13th a two day event for those who might like to fish two days.

The second day event on Sunday,Jan.,14th will be at East Sunberg lake.After fishing Saturday one could drive to Benson and stay there and fish Sunberg the next day.Fishing could start at 9am so one could have breakfast and then go.This lake has a good pop. of nice gills and crappies along with some larger pike and also a few eyes.Its 20 minutes from Benson to the lake.

It would be approx. a 45 minute drive to Benson from Boyds Landing by Milan.There is also a small bait shop in town with minnows and waxies for bait if needed.

We can thank bassmasher[Tim Essig] for the info to get the Sunday event at East Sunberg lake put together.It helps when members are willing to do a little leg work for these events.

Thank-You bassmasher.

My pleasure Harvey!! It will be great just to get a few people togetherfor a fun day of fishing .If its like it was most of last yr you may only need 1 panfish rod grin.gif

Not only that I just realized something.. thats the weeknd before my birthday!! lol jan 17th and I will be OLD ....AGAIN!