Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
westb

Yanks or A's

westb

Just wondering what peoples thoughts were on who you would rather see the Twins play in a five game series. I would like to see the Twins win the division but I guess I would rather have them play the Yanks in a five game series rather than a seven game.

Eric Wettschreck

A's.

Pretty much only cuz we own the A's.

Down to Earth

I'd rather have the A's. Not because I don't want to play the Yankees, but that means we won the AL Central and most likely have dome field advantage throughout.

fisherman

Doesn't matter. All roads to the World Series go through New York. At some point or another. I'd take the 5 game series vs. the Yankees. Especially with Johan pitching twice.

genegodawa

I'm gonna have to say:

Take down the A's while Det takes NY then put a good, well-deserved beat-down on the Tigs to prove Twins are Numero Uno.

Oosp...is this scenario still possible?

BLACKJACK

Thats a tough one. If they get the Yanks first, they only have to win 3 games vrs 4 in a 7 game series. If they play the A's, that means they won the division and get at least the first series at home, with the possiblity that they could have both series at home if they have the better record - right now the Yankees have 95 victories and we have 94. And if we play the A's, theres always the possibility that the Tigers could beat the Yanks.

I vote for the A's.

Whats really nice is that no Naional League team is really great this year, if we could just get to the World Series....

Eckie

A's...Be nice to crush the A's and get some momentum on our side before getting to the ALCS...maybe we'll get lucky and the Kitties will take care of the Yanks...

nofishfisherman

I would like to see the Twins stomp on the Yanks just to prove to everyone this team is for real. I think we will need to face the Yankees at some point and I would rather do it during a 5 game series when Cytana can pitch 2 of the 5 games.

Mudcutter

interesting post from top to bottom. When you look at from the outside-- you figure , not the yanks and the A's. But when it comes right down to it- you have for Yanks pitching- Johnson,Mussina,Wang- and for the A's Zito,Haren,Blanton,Harden Etc. To me that's a push. But when you look at the Yanks lineup 1-7- it nuts. Damon-Jeter-A-rod-Abreu-Giambi/Sheffield-Cano-Posada-Matsui. That's just filthy. Either way-- you likely have to beat the Yanks-, would be nice if we take care of the A's in 4-5 games and then face the Tigers. We need to win out and have Detroit lose 2.- thou this team is possible of anything.

montanagriz

Just bring on the Yanks right away, nothing would be sweeter than knocking off the evil empire in the first round. I just have a gut feeling this is our year against them.

I had the privledge of going to Game 2 of the Yankees/Twins 2004 AL Division Series at Yankee Stadium. For those that remember the game, Torii hit a big solo home-run in the top of the 11th inning to give us the lead. Then Nathan came in for his 3rd consecutive inning of work, got the 1st out on 2 pitches and then proceeded to give up 2 runs, the Twins lost an absolute heart-breaker, and ended up losing the series. It was one of the most exciting games I've every been to. The Yankee Stadium playoff atmosphere is something everyone should experience, simply amazing.

So anyway, I would like nothing more than for the Twins to get a little pay-back for that game. This team is special, I really think we'll do it.

Stratosman

The Yanks are rolling right now, and now Sheffield is back and Matsui, they are tough, I thin if you ask the Twins they'll say bring on the Yanks, but realistically, I would like to play Oakland first and let the Tigers take a crack at 'em first.

Side note, hopefully Silva isn't in the playoff rotation, yikes! Imagine the Yankess teeing off on his fastball?

Down to Earth

Quote:

Side note, hopefully Silva isn't in the playoff rotation, yikes! Imagine the Yankess teeing off on his fastball?

I know he's had three good outings previous to last night, but after that showing in the 4th inning last night you almost have to go with either Garza or Radke as the #3 starter in the playoffs. Silva needs to return to the pen, both in the playoffs and next year as well.