Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chef mike

pan fish

12 posts in this topic

man every were i go i see a screen name nightfisher, must be a popular name, any who, i don't need honey holes, but was wondering if the crappies and sunnies are biteing in and around the willmar area?

Welcome to forums.Are you Chef Mike K.? laugh.giflaugh.gif

nope wrong chef.

Since your name says 'CHEF MIKE', I figure ask you if you have any good recepies for cooking pheasant, I have tried few different ways but not much luck, the best way I have found is to smoke the bird. Also any ideas for making Jerky. Like to get 20 to 25 lb of jerky done so I can munch on the good stuff while hunting or fishing...Any ideas/receipes would be appreciated. grin.gif

Thnx,

J.

Goto the Sharing Recipes forum and type in Pheasant under the search feature, theres a bunch of good recipes.

J. 20-25 lbs of jerky? is that before or after cooking?

It will be before, I normally buy whole or half a cow (Angus)couple times a year and figured I'll put some meat for that. How much jerky you think I'll get out of 25lb meat.

J.

for any jerky it depends on if you want a dry jerky or a jerky that is moist.? i will post one of each in the recipes forum.

i put up 3 jerky recipes, you will have to ajust to how many pounds your going to make.

THNX CHEF.

J.

where did the pan fish go!

They went back in the water! Seriously..... as I practised C&R.

grin.gif( just couldn't resist that one) tongue.gif