Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WaveWacker

Trim doesn't work?

3 posts in this topic

I haven't done all that much diggin into the issue yet but last weekend my foot trim and front trim switch went out. I have a 75 4 stroke merc and a 1775 lund (tiller model). The trim switch by the key works as does the one on the side of the motor. Just wondering where a fuse may be for this as so far I can't seem to find one. I assume that these are wired into my rear/starting battery. Any help in narrowing my search down would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

WW

There is no connection to your starting battery for this, nor is there a fuse for it.

What likely happened is the connection between the motor and the boat is loose or lost. What you'll want to do is to either look under the hood and trace the three wires that connect to the red, green and blue wires on the rh side of your motor and run out of your motor to your boat until you find where the foot trim and front trim switch are spliced in.

Otherwise, start at your foot trim and follow the wires back. Your weak link will be at the splice.

Remember - red is constant power, blue is up and green is down.

marine_man

Do as M.M. says or also check the wiring harness where it leaves the remote control. many times they splice them right out of the remote, some go toward bow and some to back into harness.

Always look for Red (+), Blue (UP), or Green (DOWN) wires.