Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
PierBridge

Morneau for MVP.....voting

cjac

Could you imagine how much of a "done deal" this would be if the cities were reversed? Put Morneau in New York and it's all over. Put Jeter in Minnesota: how could you try to campaign for a small market "average/not power" hitting shortstop to win the MVP?

Just had another thought: Think Morneau would have a few more HRs if he played in Yankee stadium with that short porch in right? Metrodome isn't so bad either, but what is that place 312 down the line?

Hats off to Justin and all the guys!

Eric Wettschreck

It's not only the homer thing. It's the way he contributed to his team making the playoffs.

His contribution was huge by comparison to say Jeter or the big hurt. But, what the heck do I know, look at my disgusting avitar.

buzzsaw

I can't believe you paid me $100.00 to have the same avatar!!

PierBridge

Quote:

what the heck do I know, look at my disgusting avitar.

Your lucky you picked that one, the one's I had picked out for you are much worse...

colonel42

Is your avitar looking in the mirror. I seen my dog do that once. As for putting a Packer avitar up man that has to hurt.

Mudcutter

Cj-

exactly!!!! Justin would be the run away MVP if he played for the Yanks. Some shortstop that wins a few championship in the midwest--- who cares!!!

But what matters is the Justin and the Twins show up agst the Yanks if that's who they play. The Twins can't send a louder message if the beat the Yanks in the first round.

GO TWINS!!!!!!

SledNeck

I hope Jeter wins MVP so that they dont have to pay Morneau that much more.

cjac

We need to get Morneau his own cologne like Jeter has, then he'll win for sure!! grin.gif

Eric Wettschreck

Bustin Justin after shave??? For fellas with sensitive skin??

nofishfisherman

I saw an online poll on FoxSports the other day and they didn't even list Morneau as an option for MVP. The options were Jeter, Ortiz, and Dye. They left him off completely and of course Jeter had over 50% of the votes.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Fishing Frenzy
      Yeah looks like the 2nd weekend in December if we're lucky before you can ice fish this area. Going to be another late year on the ice.
    • PRO-V
      Next year you will have to buy one for wearing long underwear or pac boots.
    • fish_hunt_guy
      Love the reports Smuts. Looks like another great season. Keep it going!
    • slammer
      It just never ends in this state.  Tax, tax, tax.  Where does this money go?  Whats next?   A tag for your vehicle to drive on the ice?
    • leech~~
      Fun for some folks that went exploring early ice from a few years ago. 
    • tfin
      Hi Cookie,  a buddy and I are going up this weekend.  Will they bite much after dark or is the water too mucky this early.  I appreciate any info.  Thanks
    • papadarv
      Yesterday the MN DNR announced a license requirement change effective NOW for this ice season. All Wheel House and other fishing structures which cannot be folded / collapsed must be licensed even if you remove the house when you get off the ice. 
    • Rick
      Harvest climbs 16 percent from 2016 Minnesota firearms hunters registered 161,057 deer through the third weekend of deer season, according to the Department of Natural Resources.  Preliminary results through the third weekend show that the number of deer registered was up 16 percent from 2016. Of the deer harvested, 53 percent were bucks, compared to 63 percent during the same period in 2016. In Zone 1, in northeastern Minnesota, total firearms harvest was up 36 percent. In Zone 2, which covers the majority of the state and runs from Canada to Iowa, harvest was up 10 percent and Zone 3, in southeastern Minnesota, was down 5 percent. “The conditions were generally good for hunters participating in the last week of the Zone 1 season and for the start of the 3B season in the southeast,” said Erik Thorson, acting big game program leader, “which provided a boost to the statewide firearms harvest.” Based upon the number of antlerless permits available and the number of permit areas that allow multiple deer to be taken, the DNR is projecting the 2017 total deer harvest to be around 200,000. The 2016 total harvest was 173,213 and to date firearms and archery hunters have harvested about 180,000 deer this year. In much of Minnesota, the firearms deer season ended Nov. 12, and the northern rifle zone season ended Nov. 19. The late southeast firearms deer season is open through Sunday, Nov. 26. The muzzleloader season begins Saturday, Nov. 25, and continues through Sunday, Dec. 10. More information on deer management can be found at mndnr.gov/deer. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • Rick
      Applications due by Saturday, Dec. 16  The Department of Natural Resources, the Metropolitan Council and the Greater Minnesota Regional Parks and Trails Commission are seeking qualified applicants to serve on the Parks and Trails Legacy Advisory Committee.  “The Parks and Trails Legacy Advisory Committee plays a critical role in helping us achieve the vision Minnesotans have for use of the Parks and Trails Legacy Funds and creates an accessible and equitable, integrated system of state and regional parks and trails in Minnesota,” said DNR Commissioner Tom Landwehr. The purpose of the committee is to promote and coordinate implementation of the 25-Year Parks and Trails Legacy Plan. Funding recommendations for individual projects is not a part of this committee’s work. The plan can be found at on the parks and trails legacy plan page. 2018 will mark the 10th anniversary of the passage of the Legacy Amendment by Minnesota voters. The committee is planning a series of regional events during the year to celebrate Legacy accomplishments and engage Minnesotans on the question, “Why Parks and Trails Legacy Matters.”  Information about the events will be available in January on Facebook (/PTLegacyMN) and on the committee website (www.legacy.leg.mn/ptlac). The deadline for applications is Saturday, Dec. 16. The committee is made up of 17 members, including, to the practical extent possible, diverse geographical and demographic representation. The committee has a mixture of park and trail professionals and Minnesota residents. Committee members should have expertise in two or more of the four strategic pillars of the plan: Connect people and the outdoors. Acquire land and create opportunities. Take care of what we have. Coordinate among partners. Terms are two years with the option of being reappointed for a maximum of three terms. Meetings are scheduled every two months around the state, with an option to attend remotely. Interested individuals may complete the application form online at www.legacy.leg.mn/ptlac/member-application or print it out and return it to Paul Purman, Department of Natural Resources, Box 39, 500 Lafayette Road, St. Paul, MN 55155. Anyone with questions can contact Paul via phone at 651-259-5643 or email at paul.purman@state.mn.us. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Big bay did not look to be completely frozen over yesterday afternoon. Broken up and refrozen by McKinley Landing. Cliff