• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone else have this problem?

UNIT

I have a PSE Baby G which is a short bow and shoot 31 inch arrows. My problem is that when I put my quiver on and put the arrows in it they extend down beyond the end of the bow. Because of this the set up is a bit akward. I have thought about getting a extension (called a Hi Riser) to raise my quiver up. Anyone else have this problem or have other advice that might help me out?

Thanks

UNIT

I have that problem with my bow. It's 33 inches long but when I tip it to put it in the holder, my arrows rake my stand. Harveylee gives some good advice about the detachable quiver. I leave mine on if I use a tree peg for a holder but when I use it on th eplatform of my climber, I take it off. Doesn't seem to affect my accuracy (its never that great anyway! Ha Ha)

Make your own quiver. Take a piece of roof drain (plastic) gutters and make one side solid. Put some kind of "cushion" or foam in the closed end. Then make straps so you can put it on like a back packk.

This is very comfortable and very easy to reach back and get an arrow. When in a tree just take off and put around a tree.

Like Harvey Lee said you could just take it off. But, I went out and bought a Cat Quiver. It is the one that is a fanny pack with shoulder straps. I love it!! Quiet and I can carry all my stuff. I just strap it to the tree and my arrows are right there. Also It keep the fleching dry and protected in a hood.

I pretty much always take my quiver off. It's just so much easier to hold the bow or lay across your legs when you're seated. The times I have shot with it on I couldn't see that affected anything one way or the other.

Tealitup

could you describe your setup a little more. Is it a piece of gutter the same length as your arrows or just a piece to make a cap with foam in it? What do you use for your straps? Do you have a picture of one?

Thanks for the info and idea.

UNIT