Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MLaker2

Navionics at Minnewaska

9 posts in this topic

There were 6 boats from Navionics mapping Minnewaska today. I saw the trailers when I went by, then my mailman said he saw them and said they had survey markings on the boats. Our evening paper said they were form Navionics. Will be nice to have a good map of the lake. I live in Glenwood.

They were on Ottertail a few weeks ago, Miltona over the weekend.

They were also out on Ida last week. Must have been kind of bored because the one guy trimmed up his motor and started hopping the boat up and down, then he accidentally slammed into the side of one of ther other boats. I was ammused, but I'm sure their employers wouldn't have been. They were in big center console ocean style boats.

One of them almost slammed into me as well on Minnewaska last week as I was trolling for catch and release smallmouth action. I understand they have a job to do, but they also need to observe the right of way rules.....

goompus- I agree with you there. However when Navonic's is on Minnewaska trying to help you, me and everyone else by surveying the lake, I won't complain. I wouldn't let it get to me, especially when a new;y updated product is available to us grin.gif

anybody know the turnaround time from surveying to releasing maps or cd roms? it would be great if there was new mapping for waska available by first ice.....

Isn't Waska available on this year's lakemaster chip?

Yes it is, but it's not a 1 ft. contour map and it doesn't show all the structure that is there. There's not an abundance of structure but there are several humps and bars that are not on the LakeMaster map.

Looks like Lakemaster is coming out with 1 foot contours for 2007 for Minnewaska.

Any comments on purchasing this vs. Navionics for best use on Minnewaska?