Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CatManLee

Upper Red Lake Whooped me this past weekend!

4 posts in this topic

It doesn't happen very often...but I got skunked Saturday on Upper Red? Fished from 12pm till 6pm and caught absolutely nothin, nodda, zip, ziltch! Right away I was bit off by something, but after that I was just drowning minnows. I tryed just about everything...Crank baits, spinners, jigs, slip bobbers, slip rigs with floating jig heads, lindy rigs, etc. Tryed fast drifting, drifting with a sock out, anchoring, blah, blah, blah. Nothing worked?

I did try various depths and everything else. It was just my day to get skunked I guess? grin.gif

Oh well, I'll be back.

Hello,I wonder if turnover just happened.Just a thought.c63

I am curious. Do shallow lakes like Red have a fall turn-over like lakes that are deeper?

With the way the wind blows I would guess it does not. If we have a couple of days of wind it seem to take a day or two for the lake to clear up and the fishing to get better. Thats what make it such a great ice fishing lake,no waves to stir up the water.Just wind and blizzard conditions when we get a 1/2 inch of snow with the wind.

I did go out with the canoe last thursday for 1 hour with out a bite all so.Let the ice beginn