Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
clemmy

Heading back up from Sunny Florida!

2 posts in this topic

Hey All!

Bringing my kids up to see my folks this Wednesday, and was hoping to get out to do some fishing for Pike and Eyes (two species I miss fishing for now that I live in Florida).

I was hoping someone could give me a couple tips on what the water temps are like, as in has it gotten down into the lower 50's where the ciscoes start to move shallow? I don't need any secret honey holes, but at what depths should I currently start looking for bigger fish?

Is it to early for the night time crank trolling thing?

Thanks for your time!

Clemmy

(formerly of Bloomington, MN)

Clemmy, the water was 55deg. yesterday, and steadily dropping (about 10deg. over the last two weeks). You should get pike on deeper points and humps(20-40ft.), they mark real well on good electronics. I would troll big crankbaits for eaters or drag some big minnows on live-bait rigs for a better chance for nicer fish. The night trolling is your best bet for walleyes. The night fishing for me recently has stunk, could be cold front, could be turn-over. Good luck and bring some of that Florida heat up with you.