Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iFishMN.us

Fall Turnover

4 posts in this topic

Seems to be alot of lakes have turned over already, I was out on waconia and the green slime is there, and I seen in the pic of thay huge bass caught this weekend(other post) that the water on that lake is also slimed. I have heard some say that fishing gets bad for a couple days when this happens...but we did pretty good on waconia in these conditions, didnt get out long because of the rain but we got 2 pike and 1 bass in an hour, first pike went over 10lbs. From all your experiences...how does the turnover affect the fish? I am going to get out tonight for sure, after seeing that massive bass I cant resist, I will try to remember to post how I do.

I noticed this too and have been avoiding those lakes & ponds. I tried fishing them through but with little success. Finding bodies of water that are still clear or havent turn over has been a key of success for me.

are there any muskie lakes in the metro area that have not turned over yet? johanna, owasso, clear, etc....i think eagle lake in MG where i usually go, has. fishing's been tough there lately. no fish to be found. i'm heading out today and would appreciate some assistance from someone in the know. thanks!

I was curious where you saw the post of the "huge bass"...I am always curious to see what people are catching and the size. I was up on Waconia for the first time on the Sept. 8th. We didn't have too good of luck. We had the best luck at Lake Independence...here are a few pics of that weekend

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k214/chaddjurg/?action=view&current=DSC01930.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch12

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k214/chaddjurg/?action=view&current=DSC01928.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch14

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k214/chaddjurg/?action=view&current=DSC01942.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch3