Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Musky_Madness

Lobster Topwater Muskies

1 post in this topic

My dad and I were out on Lobster today and missed some topwater fish. The first was on a LowRider right off a weedpoint and missed that one. Big ol' splash and flop but no fish on the hook. So we kept fishing the point and then left it and headed down the weedline a bit and then turned around and came back to the same spot. This time, I was using a Bert jerkbait and three twitches into the retrieve, WHOOSH another huge splash, rod bent and then lure was on top of the water, no fish! SO after that and only 1 other follow, the day came to a close. Why would a fish possibly smoke two different baits and not get hooked? Between those two lures there were 15 hooks that could have gotten into its jaw somewhere along the line. I do sharpen and file my hooks so I know they're razor sharp. I'm assuming the fish missed the lures, but was trying for them? Anyone have any tips/pointers/similar experiences?