• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Live bait?

Will be in your neck of the woods Thurs-Sun at Piney Lodge on Whitefish for a wedding. By the looks of the past posts, it seems like live bait is the way to go. Was hoping to troll some cranks, sounds like I will have a boatfull of people with me. I would rather fish with jigs/rigs with some chubs, but might not be practical with the company I'll be with. Never fished the chain, but sounds like a very productive lake (whitefish) for some eyes. I believe the lodge is on upper whitefish on the northern shore. Any starting points for me? Thanks in advance.

With a boatload of people I would tie on some jigs. Keeping the lines vertical is the best option. With less people rigging and trolling will work good. Be sure to get a good lakemap. Some spots worth looking this time of the year are any points with wind exposier. I always check out the fingers and swedes bar of Upper Whitefish. For bait I'd go with small redtails, fatheads, or rainbow chubs. Good Luck and enjoy the bite.

Jason Erlandson