Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Huskie

Winnie: Fishing and launch landing

9 posts in this topic

We will be fishing Winnie Sept. 30 and Oct. 1st, I would like to hear of any success people have had this past week-end and during the week. Also, how is the water level at the landings, we usually put in on Cutfoot at Forest Service landing in Seely our other option would be Plughat, is the water low? Thanks.

water is a little low might have to use plughat not sure of seeley fishing was good on north shore and in cutfoot and on east side with jig and minnow and some crawlers in cutfoot

Jason

Jason: If the winds pick up and we need to stay in Cutfoot, where would be a good place to start? Have never had a great deal of luck there during the day.

try the gap area where it starts to go to winnie

Jason

I would suggest just as you come in from the big lake through the "cans" or bouy markers, you will see some emergent vegitation on the south side. There is a bay behind the vegitation. fish the north side of the vegitation moving east or west. There is a nice flat just east of the vegitation. i can not think of the bay name. maybe bob's bay. not to sure. hope this helps. I didn't have my map handy.

Quote:

try the gap area where it starts to go to winnie

Jason

Jason: We have fished with success just on the Lake side (Winnie) of the gap in the past with some luck, drifting from 15 into 6 feet of water. Is that the area you are talking about? Also, the other guy mentioned a bay, is that the area inside opf Bobs bar? Thanks.

yes it would be bobs bar or just east of it. you will see the reeds sticking up

you were looking for cutfoot so I was talking about the drop just before the cans on the cutfoot side both sides are good the flat the other guy was talking about is good also

Jason

We did put in at Plughat, even that is getting low, nicked the prop coming out. We fished the northshore and had some luck by the rockpile and to the west. A number of boats by us did much better. Heard of some good luck by Stony and in Cutfoot but we had to scout our deer area Sunday, did manage to get a couple of grouse also. Too much to do and too little time!!!