• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Oct 21st/22nd deer hunt winner is

tjm

Jesse Hardel(no user name in e-mail)

If Jesse dont respond in a few days i picked a 2nd name

that user name was

Stratosman(scott)-If by chance jesse dont respond will you be able to go or if he cant make it on a last minute change would you be available?

My plans were to draw a name this evening but i'm headed out until late monday or tuesday morning

I have a few names for the late season hunt already.I'll keep those aside

How are your going to sleep or study the next month?

I know I wouldn't.

TJM,

thanks for the chance, how many people put their name in?

No problem Dietz

Should be a fun time

I take it Rattlem'up is Jesse,Congrats Jesse,i'll contact you on wed or if you want send me your phone number i can call ya

About 15 people for this hunt sent me an e-mail.Few of those wanted to also go in the late season if i have 1 then several people just wanted to go the late season and i also had a few that sent mail wishing they could go but had other plans.Think i could find away to get outa those plans but each to there own

ever since early goose opened, bow hunting and now reg season duck and goose. i've had a hard time concentrating on school when it gets close to the weekend.Thats one hell of a b-day present (oct 3rd) for me to get to go on the hunt. now all i gotta do is shoot me a nice one!

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder if Jesse is all packed and ready to go.Were headed out around 6pm today i guess since it's after midnight now.Hope Jesse dont bring 40mph winds/rain/lighting and crown along.

I'll let Jesse fill in the details as i'll be headed outa town on a week long deer hunt just after he heads back home.Any luck he should have something in the back of his truck he did'nt bring along

Good luck Jesse.Smack a nice one. cool.gifRemember that those wall hangers cost some money to mount.

Good Luck guys... with a little luck, maybe we can have another score this buck contest!!

I'll be looking forward to details.

Dave Frank

yea Dave and Jesse can hold it..lol

Harvey - - - I'll tell Jesse how much 1 cost so he better pass on all the big bucks if any and shoot a spike/forky they taste better.Student/cost for a mount plus the cost at the meat market ='s 1 weekend of no party for the school boy

Sure hope he's not bringing mouth wash (Crown Royal)along.Scare the deer away with that crap for weeks i'll have to move all my stands weeds will all be dead so i wont have any cover to hide in

Maybe instead od shooting a forky to eat he can shoot a nice young 100-120 doe.Thats all I eat and boy are they tender. cool.gif

Wow a guy that knows what the deer actual lbs are. ooo.gif

I'm going to set him up on a nice 8 pointer in the morning 135 class give or take a couple inches but he's a nice 1 to take outa the area.Looks like a 5 1/2 year old and were try'n to thin those eights out so the 10 point and bigger shows up down the road.We have way way to many 8's be nice to see more points on these big guys.

I told Jesse he can shoot what ever he wants but it sounds like he WILL hold out for a good 1 and shoot a doe to take home for meat.If the weather holds like it has been the past couple days i think he'll fill the buck tag in the morning and we'll work on a doe or 2 inanother area that need to be thinned out

I suppose I could have said I shoot 116 pounders,but then one might think I am full of bull. wink.gif

Not me because thats still a nice doe.

Holy crap Jesse was 3 hours early today.

We scouted a couple areas saw several does/fawns.I took him back to a corn ladder stand and on the way down there Jesse says man i need to get my camera out to take pics of these big tracks.I looked over in his row of corn and yes indeed it was a dandy of a track.A lil ways down the corn field we ended up back on the fence line and guess who runs around the corner down the waterway where the corn ladder stand was set.Yup mr 8 pointer and he was hauilin azz.

So we went back to the truck and went about 200 yards over to a little woods where i have a stand set up.New scrape 10 yards from the stand and it was Freshly opened within the hour.Was a no brainer since it had just down poored an hour before that and all signs were covered up prior to that.

So Jesse wants to sit that stand in the morning but i think he visits that location in the evenings.I hope he proves me wrong

We got out the spot light to see what was going on after dark.We saw a few small 110-125 class bucks then we came across 4 bucks comming out of a small woods about 150 yards off the road.As we were watching them the last buck to exit the woods came out on a dead run head on into another buck.It was funny as hell.The buck that was already outr in the field just put his head down while the 1 on a dead run about went head over heals when they clashed antlers.He fled the area he must of figured he was about to get his azz kicked again by the buck twice his size.Was a good chuckle anyways

Sounds like you had an interesting first day anyways!! Once again, Good Luck!

Make it happen!

Dave Frank

sat in the stand near the scrape this morning, i figured it would be a good place to start anyway. Well come 7:15 i had a little basket rack 8 pointer walk right by the stand and he just stopped right next to me. He was concentrating on something further ahead of him. Then all a sudden he just darts in the the woods. must have saw another decent buck ahead but he never showed himself.

At 9 we went out scouting around and walked down this woodline adjacent to a couple swams that were surrounded by corn. We found some scrapes along the cornline and as we eased our way to the woodline we came up upon some nice big rubs one some trees the diameter of a softball. Seem to be some pretty big and WIDE buck in this location. Followed his path and came upon a waterhole and a bunch of Fresh rubs and a scrape that he had just made this morning. Looks like he tares his way through there in the morning so thats where were goin to set up.

as for tonight back to that other scrape line.

I'll update this post

Jesse passed up 2 small buck and 10 does/fawns thursady evening right under the stand

Friday morning was prettyyyyy slowwwwwwwwwww but i got to see a dandy while scounting

Set Jesse up on that buck yesterday afternoon.He had him come in about 50-60 yards away but would close the gap by dark

This morning was slow as well.Picked Jesse up and we went to a small woods to try some calling.Started out with about 20-30 grunts waited about 1 minute then clashed a 150" set of sheds together for about 3 minutes none stop hard hitting

I look over to my right and 2 small 6 pointers about on top of me while Jesse was 40 yards to my left.I just kept on smasshing antlers.I could hear a couple infront of me but i was dug in a wood pile

Then i hear Jesse do a mouth grunt and i hear a whip from the bow then i hear a smack from the broadhead.I just kept on smasshin antlers.Look out in the field behind us 50 yards and about 150-160 incher looking my direction i just kept on smashin antlers.He headed back in the woods i stopped waited for a couple minutes then walked over to Jesse

His eyes the size of golf balls mouth wide open and he says did you see that shiot.What a monster he holds his arms out.Says that buck came running in so fast he past me went 10 feet infront of you stopped turned around and ran right back to me i grunted and he stoped.I wacked him

So were going trailin shortly

well its a lost cause. That buck came in hot and heavy and was ready to do some damage. When he came back around to me i grunted and stopped him and took a shot but my arrow deflected off a tree branch and stuck him right in the neck. Left him alone for a couple hours and went back followed the trail for around 1 mile and it stopped at the edge of a corn field. looked all afternoon but came up with nothing. He was a dandy alright guessing around 160" or so, really wide with good mass, long beams and tall tines.

This aint no joke guys theres a lot of monsters around just gotta spot'em and track'em down thats all. Just some rattlin brought 5 bucks in 2 definite shooters and 1 unknown he wouldn't come in just sat back a ways stoping and wheezin and 2 6's. what a rush havin them come in within 2 min of rattling. an unfortunate end for an awsome day but i gotta say it was a blast.

<++++++++=======================Very DISAPOINTED

but thats hunting

We'll give it 1 more try in the morning and see if Jesse can downn a monster i saw the other day.Were headed out with a corn ladder stand along a waterway about 5 am.I'll lay back in the corn with my call/Antlers just at day break i'll start war world 3 in the corn field to draw this slob out if he's around the area.My luck he'll attack me and Jesse will wonder what all the noise is back there

When i was trackin this buck i came across more scrapes and rubs.All freshly opened and wet so that tells me the bucks are checking them in the am as of now.How early is the next ? but i came along a solid line of rubs/scrapes you could tell at 4 pm those wet spots had been made in the last couple hours.

Well Jesse was down to the final minutes.We went out and did some calling about 9am.1st buck came in about 1 minute into calling.buck was about 10 feet away from Jesse looking towards me he slammed an arrow into the buck and off he went.I just kept on smashin antlers 2 more bucks came in 1 being a fork the other about 115-120 class buck

Called for about 5 minutes then i walked over to the blood trail and knew this buck was not going far.We just got on the trail and went about 60 yards and he was dead

it was a 8 pointer nothing big at all but the way we had the bucks come in like that only 5-10 yards is just amazing. Sure was an awsome trip lots of huge bucks, hopefully next year i'll get me a big one!