Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ryoushi

9/23 weekend report

18 posts in this topic

Anybody been out battling the rain this weekend? If so, how is it?

My brother and a friend of his were out Saturday night and didn't get a bump. wink.gif

No rain at all last night and the wind switched to the N NW and calmed so it was a beautiful night. We struggled with only one 20.5 from 7pm until 11:30pm and then found fish trolling on a very specific spot on the rocks until 1:00 when we left. Ended up missing a few but pulled in 5 fish between 20.5 and 23 including a 34 inch Pike thrown in for fun. Spent alot of dead hours trolling NW weedlines to no avail. The baitfish are starting to bunch up in spots so it won't be long. Saw part of a very cool Northern light show once the skies cleared. Very cool.

i wanted to go so bad yesterday but the person i was going with was new to night trolling and hasnt had much experience fishing. he is also very prone to getting seasick. i just couldnt take him up there with the reports showing rain and wind. i should of just went but i didnt think it would be much fun by myself in the wind and rain either. if i would of had a hardcore partner too, that would of made the difference. its so exciting because we're so close to some of the best walleye fishing of the year.

regards,

minnesotatuff

We put up with the rain near isle bay all day saturday. Two boats 5 guys, one little bitty eye. The perching was great, average 11 inches if you sort a bit. Limits all around. We tried jigging/lindy rigging for two or three hours to no avail. Trolled shad raps for 2 hours until the waves got too big for my comfort. I talked to no less than 15 boatsmen at the isle landing while waiting to yank out, not one walleye going home, 4 caught in the slot. Easy day for perchers tough day for walleye guys. We had heard some sketchy reports of big crappies being caught off the 25-30ft break outside isle bay, but saw no evidence of this.

Good luck and tight lines

wolfie

Hey Mykal, I think it was you we met at the gas station in Zimmerman on sat. night. We sure got lucky with the weather and northern lights. Same story on the fishing for us. We had one fish on while fishing the weeds. We moved to the point and picked up two fish on rock and weed transition and then went to the rocks at Myr Mar and picked up two fish. The biggest was 24" and the smallest was 18".

Nice meeting you and your friend and I'm sure we'll see you up there a few more times in the fall.

DHENRY! Dang I wish I would have known it was you. Yes, we were blessed by the weather. We'll do it again for sure. How about next weekend?

I'd love to go this weekend, but have to check what's happening on the homefront. I'm with you in that the fish have to be close to turning on and that its going to be a great fall. The boat launch and access worked pretty well, didn't it?

Went out Saturday out of Hunter's Point. First time I've ever fished the East Side of the lake. No way we we're going to be able to fish the West side and enjoy ourselves. Got stuck in the sand because I got to far over to the left heading out of the launch. This was before I got past the rocks. Once I got myself pushed free I followed another boat out and it was fine.

We saw a few walleyes boated on the reef we tried to do some slip bobber fishing on. My partner and I just caught one small perch.

Set up to troll before dark off of the sand at Hunter's Point. Caught 2 fish, and lost 2. One of the fish was a big one but I had the drag set to tight. We only fished until ten o'clock though so overall it seemed pretty good for us. Firetiger seemed to be working for us and for one boat around us.

My temp reading was 56.4

I couldn't say whether it was better shallow or deeper. We did mark a lot of fish around 12 to 13 fish but didn't pick up anything out that deep ourselves.

Ryan

Whent out on the Twin Pines launch on the 23 with calm winds and clearing skys. It seemed to be a pretty average night but one guy up in the front of the boat caught a beautiful 30 incher. Me and my old man ended up with 4 keeper walleye(19,17.5,16,15.5) and one 12 inch perch. The trip was kinda my B-Day celebration and what made my whole trip worth is when I got two of my biggest walleyes. The fist was a 25 and the other just short of 27.Really nice.

K Dawg

Dhenry, the access was great. Let me know if your heading up this weekend. , 18 Inch I just got an email from James. You got mail.

First trip ever to Mille Lacs on Sunday. Paid for the launch at Wakun (Walleye Dundee's (?)). The park launch next door looked a little deeper, if you didn't need a dock. Fished the bouys around Twin and later Spider Islands. Two solid bites on leech and minnow on the first cast by both my wife and I. Nothing for the remaining 6 hours. Found the rock shallows near the park fishing pier. Made loud noises in the boat. No damage. Found that the dog CAN get seasick in the rollers when the wind came up late in the afternoon. Finally used up some bait on small perch around sunset.

Observing the many boats scattered around, and there was no net action all day. Was overall a nice day to be boating, but nothing to talk about for fishing.

GBS

I will let you know if we go! It's looking 50/50 right now.

Dhenry are you a go????

It's looking good for tomorrow night. I'm thinking my buddy and I will head up and be on the water by approx. 7:00 if all goes well.

I don't have a marine band but FRS on channel 7 if you have one.

I am in for sure. My partner may be out and I may be looking for someone to join me this evening. I will be leaving the Twin Cities at approx. 4:45.