Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
metrojoe

Hey gspman!.....

6 posts in this topic

Was your dog the one with the cow bell at the "get together"? Where did you get it?

Yeah...where did you get that bell? MJ...I think he has about 12 different models to choose from in his little range bag of tricks. The Buddster and I borrowed a medium volume one from his assortment. I think he has one for every type of wind, cover and weather condition. I've got one that sounds like Tinker Bell. I could use a medium and loud bell for windy and heavy cover conditions.

Hey boys,

I got my bells from Lion Country Supply.

The loud one on Dixie was - Lion Country Northwoods Long Range Bell. This one is loud and the sound carries a long ways. The downside is that the sound is obnoxious.

The one Buddy was wearing was - Swiss Style Bell (US Made) - Small (I think this is the one but am not completely sure). This one is loud enough on most days and has a nice pleasant sound.

I think I replaced the original clapper on the one Buddy was wearing with a small lead bell sinker to mute the sound even more. That bell is louder with the original clapper but still sounds nice.

MJ - Thanks for organizing, it was fun.

Willie - Thanks for the fun. Buddy did a very nice job.

GSPman...thanks for sharing your locator bell modification secrets. Buddy appreciates your kind words regarding his field work...Dixie did a great job too!

Thanks for the info. I'm just thinking this might be a nice bell in the grouse woods. I noticed the genuine swiss bell is also a much better sounding bell than it's US counterpart.

How do hang the bell from her collar? Do you just slide the collar through the loop on the bell? I have a US made swiss bell and I find when I do this it seems to deaden the sound of the bell.

I just run her collar through the loop on top.