• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey gspman!.....

metrojoe

Yeah...where did you get that bell? MJ...I think he has about 12 different models to choose from in his little range bag of tricks. The Buddster and I borrowed a medium volume one from his assortment. I think he has one for every type of wind, cover and weather condition. I've got one that sounds like Tinker Bell. I could use a medium and loud bell for windy and heavy cover conditions.

Hey boys,

I got my bells from Lion Country Supply.

The loud one on Dixie was - Lion Country Northwoods Long Range Bell. This one is loud and the sound carries a long ways. The downside is that the sound is obnoxious.

The one Buddy was wearing was - Swiss Style Bell (US Made) - Small (I think this is the one but am not completely sure). This one is loud enough on most days and has a nice pleasant sound.

I think I replaced the original clapper on the one Buddy was wearing with a small lead bell sinker to mute the sound even more. That bell is louder with the original clapper but still sounds nice.

MJ - Thanks for organizing, it was fun.

Willie - Thanks for the fun. Buddy did a very nice job.

GSPman...thanks for sharing your locator bell modification secrets. Buddy appreciates your kind words regarding his field work...Dixie did a great job too!

Thanks for the info. I'm just thinking this might be a nice bell in the grouse woods. I noticed the genuine swiss bell is also a much better sounding bell than it's US counterpart.

How do hang the bell from her collar? Do you just slide the collar through the loop on the bell? I have a US made swiss bell and I find when I do this it seems to deaden the sound of the bell.